028

New Edit: Guys, you'd notice that among the chapter list, there are new new ones; exclusive chapters also known as Story Branches. So after reading this part, if you want to see an alternative side to which this chapter could have gone, then you absolutely need to read the branched part.

Preview of the the Chapter 28 story branch: Instead of Israel leaving the stadium in anger, he goes to confront Sky and the girls.

I swallow again, my eyes lowering to his lips. Thankfully they had no trace of orange on them and still looked their as soft, as beautiful and as pink. "I-" my eyes moved back to him and now they looked darker and electrified. "I don't really know."

Sky got impossibly closer and I stopped breathing but not in the bad, panic attack way. I barely heard what he said next, his voice coming out as barely a whisper. "Want to find out?"

I don't control my head when I nod and Sky waste no time, with his hands still cupping my face, he brings his lips down...

Please check out the story branch for more juicy details. x

*

° you have to stop
searching for why at some point.
you have to leave it be. °

Chapter 28

The stadium is completely packed full with people and I'm honestly so confused, half the popcorn I bought for the game spilled on my way to my seat, the people are so loud and rowdy. What's there to be excited about concerning football?

I've been to the stadium before, it's the only stadium in town and many different sport were played here. Today it was football, Sky's football. When I was at the stadium, it was for some royal holiday celebration. The place was packed full too and rowdy but not this rowdy. Some people even had Jersey colours painted on them.

As soon my butt hit the seat and I got comfortable, I bring out my phone to text him. Hey, I am here. The millionth seat or something.

Sky text's back after four minutes — Aw, Israel you didn't really have to come. I might not even get to play.

I smile and text back a reply — I'm just keeping my word. You're watching golf with me next.

This time his reply is immediate — okay, then. Thanks and keep your eyes open.

I will. I pocket my phone and try to look down at the field. There's no one there yet, except referees and some guy in suits. I almost finish eating up all my popcorn before the players start coming out in a long line. Just then my phone vibrates. It can't be Sky texting since he's coming out now in the field, looking all handsome and put together.

It's Jamal — Issy, come pick me up after the game over. Dad bailed on me.

I sigh, calling Mal's dad a Good-for-nothing in my head, then I quickly do the sign of the cross and apologize for doing it. I text Jamal back, promising to come pick him up after the game. He left school this morning with his fellow Mathlets for a quiz competition with another school. The bus took them there but their parents were supposed to pick them up. Jamal's dad failed again, sometimes I think choosing to stay with his dad was the biggest mistake he could have ever done. His mum won't bail on him, I think.