016

Chapter 16

"That fits the definition of illegal." I say, tossing the hand towel away.

"To you?"

"To everyone, the dictionary." I walk closer, praying for my eyes to be deceiving me but they are not. "We're underage. How did you even get that?"

Sky scrunches up his nose innocently, "Isn't sixteen legal?"

"Not for alcohol!"

Jamal chuckles, "calm down Issy."

"Issy?" Sky repeats raising a brow at me with a smirk.

"But did you steal it Sky?" Jamal asks and I'm more interested in that than I am with my nickname.

"No," Sky reaches into his pocket. "I got it with my ID card that says I'm eighteen."

I quickly reach for the ID card while Jamal gasp with pride. "Fake ID? That's insane dude, I've always wanted that."

"I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that can get you one as soon as possible," Sky explains like they are talking about candy.

"Don't shit me—"

"Guys are you serious?" I cut in, absolutely mortified by the idea of it all. "Fake ID?" My question is directed at Sky.

He shrugs, "comes in handy sometimes. And I'll be eighteen in eight months so it's no big deal."

"Sky—" this time I'm cut off by Sky's finger on my lip.

"Calm down Issy," he smirks and I'm too busy concentrating on keeping my eyes open. His scent was messing with me. "It's really not that bad and the drinks are more like canned wine with a very little tiny percent of alcohol."

"Plus you don't have to drink if you don't want to." Jamal says, then gestures to the kitchen. "I've got Capri-sun (a little kid's juice), if you want some."

Sky almost laughs but holds it in well. I glare at Jamal, "keep your Caprisome, I'm fine."

"Fine," he throws his arms in the air. "Let the night begin then."

Sky winks at me and I huff, crossing my arms in a petty frown.

We go into video games and it's a championship sort of game. Jamal and I play, Jamal wins and he play with Sky. Sky won and got to choose what we do next. He chooses another video game, a race one where three of is participate, this time Jamal's the first person to fall and Sky and I race on. It's quite a battle but at the end Sky wins and that's when we decide to eat.

"How are you so good at video games," Jamal asks, then looks down at his plate of Ma's packed dinner. "I usually am the champion."

Sky shrugs, "I was homeschooled and I spent a lot of time at home. Used every free time to play games."

"You're an only child?" I ask, getting into conversation.

He nods, "one and only for now."

I smile, "for now?"

He pouts, "my mum have moved on so it wouldn't take long before she finds someone and I probably get a sibling."

"When my mum remarried and had a son, I thought it'll be terrible." Jamal speaks before stuffing his mouth.

"It wasn't?" Sky asks and I sense the fragile curiosity in his voice.

Jamal shakes his head with a smile, "no it wasn't. My step brother is the absolute best. One of the reasons I enjoy my stay back at my mum's."