Bonus - Sky

Bonus Chapter

Sky Hunt

I was being greedy, as always.

Standing out here, my back rested on one of the thousands trees around, I thought of how stupid I was being.

Who fucking approaches fire when they knew that they were going to get burnt and badly at that? I for one. I knew I was going to get burnt but the fire sparkles in my eyes. It's flames looking so gloriously red and moving to the wind like something enchanted that I couldn't look away from. It cackles beautifully in my ears and all I want to do is touch it and be consumed by it. I'd be screaming in pain with a smile on my face and my eyes glowing with satisfaction.

Israel Taylor, my own personal destruction.

I've known Israel from the first moment I stepped into town, four years ago during my abuella's (she forced us to call us that even though the Latino in us had all but faded) funeral. He looked like the most uncomfortable kid in there in that church and when he caught my gaze, he kept it. That amongst others are one of the reasons I can't get him out my head and completely want him.

Israel has the small stature, sinewy and looked like a complete softie. But anyone can tell from the way he looks at people that he the power to do things, maybe even throw a punch and challenge anyone who dared step on him. All he needed was a little more confidence to break free, be lose and let his true self shine right through. His skin that looked just like caramel and those deep brown eyes that seemed to have invisible strings tied to however was lucky enough to stare, pulling them in. Pulling me in.

After abuella's funeral, we returned back to the city where we came from but five months later dad had completed every preparations and we returned. My life was a mess after that and I've never felt so out of place ever. I wasn't myself and I tried to find a balance. I always saw Israel when he was walking to school or walking back with friends. Somedays actually because other times he rode with his big sister, I was inside watching him from my window.

Then I only came out on Saturdays, and I'd go play ball at the field near the big Catholic church. No matter how distracted I was I always saw Israel walk out the church, head down, oblivious to the rest of the world. I've always wanted to touch his hair and know just how soft or strong they were. Once I got hit in the face because I was busy looking at Israel Taylor.

When I started going to school again, I found out he had just two friends, excluding his sister. A blonde girl that read a novel once in my English class and Jamal, the team leader in the mathlete club. I avoided Israel because I knew nothing good would come from getting to know him, he couldn't give me what I want and I wasn't sure he wanted it. Plus I didn't think I'd stay in town long enough, I was awaiting a plane or train ticket that never came.

While waiting, I kept on avoiding Israel. The teachers had a soft spot for me and I made Dad make sure we never had any classes together. I dogged him in the hallway and made sure he never caught me staring. It went well because he also particularly wasn't looking for me. One day the train ticket finally came but after, I returned back to town and if I thought my life was a mess before now it was upside down. I turned into something else completely, something I knew Israel won't spit at.

I wanted to hug him so close all his worries would melt away. I wanted to kiss his full lips until his knees bucked beneath him. I wanted him, I wanted him so much, the only solution was to stay away.

The plan was going well until fate brought us together at the parking lot. One look at his face, one look into his eyes, the sound of his voice and my heart said "oh shit." I couldn't possibly stay away, he was like a magnet and the way he looked at me- I saw a possibility. It could be my eyes playing tricks on me or Israel Taylor, the boy I loved and admired from afar actually found me attractive. No way I could return back to the way it once was with this uncertainty.

I want it all, I want to have him and that made me stupid and greedy. I mostly destroy everything I touch, I am a mess and the last thing I want is to drag Israel into it. What the fuck was I doing? I ask myself looking around the empty place and the woods behind me in annoyance.

What the fuck was I really doing? I punched the tree behind me angrily and my knuckles protested loudly, the rough bark causing me to bleed. I glared at the blood on my fist just when I heard a branch snap on the ground, my eyes snapped looking for the source and then I hear;

"Sky? Are you there?"

Oh fuck.

-----------------------------------

Short chapter, I just wanted you guys to have a glimpse of Sky's head before we continue. Hope you enjoyed it.

Vote and comment.