037

° Anxiety is when the butterflies in your stomach turn into bees. °

Chapter 37

"You bastard!"

By the time my numb senses clink in, I see Darcy angrily pounding at Sky's chest and he just stands there taking it all in. I rush to her side and grab her arms, stopping her furious blows from raining on him.

"Darcy, stop!" I yell at her as she struggles against my grip, trying to hit Sky more.

"I knew you were no good from the very beginning!" She yells at him, red with anger. Then her glassy eyes turn to me, "Israel, what was he doing to you? Tell me."

"Nothing," I look at Sky and the expression on his face is once again, one that I haven't seen before. He looks so vulnerable like he's almost to cry. "He did nothing to me Darcy."

"Lies," Darcy shakes her head, refusing to believe me. Her icy blue eyes return to Sky again and she points. "I saw you. He had you against the wall and..."

"Nothing," I whimper out, my voice scratched and really low.

"Don't lie!" She screams at me and from her eyes I know she already knows what she saw but was somehow trying to fight it. Trying to shift her memory and blame Sky. I can let that happen and she already knew so, despite the pleading scary look in her eyes and the rocky heaviness on my chest, I tell her exactly what she doesn't want to hear.

"Fine Darcy, w-we-" my heart starts hammering so hard and my vision blurs a bit, blinking black and white. It's like the word is choking me with it's heaviness and I'm about to pass out.

"Israel-" Sky calls, voice small and warning.

My eyes flick to him and for a moment I don't feel anything but the warm fat tear that leaks out the pool in my eyes, rolling down my cheek in what seems to be slow motion. "W-we were kissing." My voice breaks and my eyes return to Darcy pale ones. "I kissed him."

Unlike every other thing that seems to be happening in a painful slow motion, Darcy pushing me away from her is fast and I feel it everywhere. I stumble back, hitting my foot on something and falling down to my butt and looking up at her with wide fearful eyes.

Darcy blinks like she didn't expect to push me that hard but the surprise vanishes from her face replaced with a look I couldn't decipher, brows narrowed and lips in a straight line. She point at me and opens her mouth but no word comes out. Eventually she forces out a, "No." And I watch with my heart on my throat as she clutches her gown up and runs off.

I think it's now, watching her run away that the full realization of what I have just revealed hit me like a sandstorm tearing through all my five senses. I pull my knees closer, the water works behind my eyes going free as my heart cries out for help.

"Israel," Sky comes closer, bending and placing his hand on me.

I recoil away from his touch, feeling like I don't deserve any comfort especially when life as I know it is about crumbling at my feet all because of my foolishness and... him. "D-don't to-touch me."

"Issy," he sounds pained. "It's going to be alright."

"Don't lie to me!" I scream, clearly shocking him as he backs away, his eyes wide at me. I scramble up to my feet. "Don't bloody lie to me."

Before Sky can get a word in, I sprint off going in the direction Darcy did. Maybe I can still salvage this, maybe just maybe I can do something to remedy the problem.