031

° I just want to know.
"Do you dream of me too?" °

Chapter 31

This is the warmest outside can be and yet, it's so cold. I rub my fingers together, pulling off my knitted gloves and blowing my breath out into it.

I hate winter!

A stick on the ground snaps and my eyes snap up to where the sound came from and before long, I see Sky walking closer wearing a beanie and hugging his school bag close. I smile, he looks cute. "I can tell the difference between you and a wolf when you walk so quietly."

"Whoa," he drops his bag down beside me on the tree bench. "I'm hairy but I don't think I am that hairy."

I chuckle, "not with looks."

Sky smiles, sitting and crossing his legs under him. "Well, I and a possible wolf may just have something in common."

"Which is?"

"We would like to eat you up," He winks and I struggle to resist the smile, smacking him with my gloves.

"Shut up, Sky."

He laughs, then breaths out cold air looking around the lonely quiet forest. "Hanging out here in this cold might just end up being one of our worst ideas."

"Tell me about it," I rub my fingers together. "And if it rains, we're doomed."

"It won't rain," he states, then looks at me with pursed lips. "I would love to take you to a proper date, though."

My heart ignites, "where?"

He ticks his tongue, "I know a couple places but there's this place in Birmingham..."

"Slow down," I laugh, "I can't go to Birmingham, it's hours away from here."

He pouts, "we can't even go anywhere."

I am about to ask why not but I silently answer that myself. I'm not out and I'm not ready to be out. "I'm sorry."

His pout disappears, quickly replaced with a smile like it was never there. "It's okay, really. I just want to give and show you a lot of things."

I nod, "doesn't it suck? Being a secret?" Over the days we have chatted and talked like never before but we barely meet in school or any other place except his house or his truck in the evening.

He pinches his fingers together for emphasis, "a teeny weeny bit but-" he smiles, flickering my nose. "It's worth. I won't make you do anything you don't want to. Having you is enough."

I giggle, "you're so sweet with all the right words. How come?"

He unzips his school bag, "I've practiced in front of a television, trust me."

"I feel like I can never be as free as I want to here in this town, even in my family," I draw an invisible line on the tree. "It's a bit overwhelming to think of."

"Then don't think," he pulls out something from his bag and I catch unto the scent of baked bread. "Just be you with me."

"And enjoy all the peaks that come with Sky Hunt?"