030

° I could be anything in the world
But I wanted to be his °

Chapter 30

Elation... I have never quite understood the depth of that one word.

I don't play sport of any kind and I don't compete in stuffs. I hear people winning everyday and describing the feeling of it but it's has never been something I fully understood. The closest I came to understanding it was getting my report cards and seeing an A* on it, that was the closest feeling to winning I've felt. Also when I once won a bet against Jamal. But that's all.

Now I understand it, the way my heart beat, the way I can't stop smiling and how free I feel... It's like I'm intoxicated with happiness. I'm elated. This has to be the cloud nine books thought about. I have won something, I have won against myself.

"I'd see you tomorrow," Sky asks, parking his car at the side of the road, two houses away from mine. It is dark now and the rain has finally subsided after a heavy downpour, but the street is light up with street lamps and lights from houses.

I nod, I might or might not have lost my ability to speak. Maybe I'd cry if I try or something close to it.

"God," Sky groans tossing his head back and closing his eyes, "do you have to go?"

I chuckle, swallowing and finding my voice. "I-I don't want to," my voice is all husky and unlike mine, I try to clear it out. "But my mum won't tolerate another night out."

Sky flutters his eyes open, his grey cat eyes landing on me. He blinks like the words he's trying to say are too heavy to get out. Giving up on speaking, he leans forward, his lips meeting mine in a kiss that I cannot get enough of. Like second nature, my eyes close and I let him kiss me, relishing in every second because I might just open my eyes and it'll be a dream. Sky pauses and speaks against my lip, tickling me nicely. "I'll miss you so much."

My hand move and my fingers sink into his silkly hair, "me too." I kiss him some seconds more before stumbling out of the car, I haven't taken a drop of alcohol but I feel the drunkest I have ever. "Goodnight, Sky."

He smiles, wiggling his fingers at me in a goodbye. I return his smile before going over to the back of the truck and retrieving my bicycle. I don't mount it and as I drag it with me, I can feel his eyes on me the whole time. Before I turn and enter our little fence, I look back at his car, not sure that he can see me and taking note of his silhouette before I enter, dumping the bicycle and rushing into the house.

I refuse dinner that night and I end up locking myself up in my room, reliving the entire day and smiling until my cheeks hurt. I touch my still tingling lips and then I cry and I laugh and I smile.

Moses beard, I kissed Sky!

My phone rings and I lung for it searching for it in my bag, when I finally get hold of it, I have a missed call from Sky. The next seconds, a text from him pops in.

Is it real or was it a dream?

I smile, something I apparently cannot stop doing, bouncing on my bed and crossing my legs as I reply; I don't know, was it?

If it was, I don't want to fucking wake up— is his immediate reply.

It's not, I sincerely text back. It is the most real I've felt in a long while.

You're not going to regret it? Sky's text ask and I can just imagine him biting his lip with uncertainty.

Funny, that's a question I have not gotten around to asking myself. Which says a lot, so I text back; No. I feel it's true, I won't regret it. I'd probably overthink it and beat myself about for it but I won't regret it. It's something I never even knew I wanted so bad.