018

° we are only haunted by the things we refuse to accept °

Chapter 18

"This is a terrible idea," I shout at Sky. "That food would eat you inside out."

"What would you be having?" He asks, ignoring me like I wasn't saying anything.

"It's bad for your organs," I say instead and the man at the little opening window snaps his eyes to me with a glare. I swallow, ignoring him. "Sky!"

Sky smiles at me, "I think a milkshake would do, right?" Before I can protest, he turns back to the guy and orders.

"Fine but I'm not taking anything," I huff, glaring at him from where I'm sitting in the car. "A normal McDonald's would have been better."

"But then you'd never get to try this."

"With good reasons."

He pays and collects the food poisoning, entering back into the car. It's two milkshakes with an extra large pack of fries. He hands them to me and I begrudgingly hold them as he drives to a nice and quiet spot near the only bridge in town.

"This is yours," he hands me one of the milkshake as we sit on the bed of his truck. Keeping the fries between us.

"I don't want this, it's food poisoning," I complain holding the shake still.

"Israel relax," he rubs a hand over my shoulder. "People basically eat there everyday and not many have died," I stare eye wide at him. "My point is, we won't die from this one time."

I watch him take a sip from his shake and nod in approval before I eventually give in. It wasn't as bad as I thought, tasted nice like a regular milkshake.

"So you'd dip the fry in," he dips a fry in and pops it into his moan of approval.

I shake my head in disbelief but do it too, it tasted better. "This seems like something you do regularly."

"It is," he nods to himself, dipping more fries. "I suck at cooking and dad does too. Plus it's hard and boring to eat alone."

"Your dad doesn't stay home much does he?"

"He does but he drinks more than he eats," Sky glances at me. "It's reducing now though."

"My dad sucks at cooking too," I say to fill the silence. "And sometimes mum makes this African dish that we all don't like but she forces us all to eat it."

"My cousin sister was a great ass cook though and she'd whoop my ass for eating something like this," he smiles to himself.

"She sounds like a wise person," I say trying to recall if I've ever heard anything about a cousin of his.

"She was."

"Oh," right Darcy! "I'm sorry."

He smiles, "and once again I'm sorry I left without saying a word. I didn't think it'll mean anything to you."

"Well, now you know for next time."

"Next time?" He asks with a mischievous smile.

I nod while sucking up my milkshake. Sky looks away, looking ahead in thoughts. "Tell me something I don't know about Sky Hunt?"

"You know a lot of things about me already, trust me."

I shake my head, "and it's not enough, trust me."

"Sure," he strokes his chin in thought, "well, I have a tattoo on my back."

I gape at him but recover quickly enough, "why am I not surprised?"