032

° the bravest you can do is be unafraid to feel °

Chapter 32

"Israel!" Mum yells from inside making me jump and take off the other ear of my earphone. Thank God I decided to keep one out else I would have not heard her call.

"Coming!" I yell back, standing up from where I am bent over the flower garden. It's Nessa's garden but since she asked me to feed Pounce for her again as she rushed out, I figured she didn't check her garden too and I took it upon myself to help.

It'll be handed over to me when she leaves for University next year, whether I like it or not. Mum and Dad are always yelling at us to try and do things to be more responsible youths and teenagers. Nessa's already being responsible by taking care of Pounce, working and gardening all at once. I'm not doing any and I'm sure Mum is just waiting for the right time to attack me with that.

"What were you doing out back?" Mum asks, casually dressed and sitting on the arm of the arm chair.

"Seeing to Nessa's garden," I answer, rubbing my hands together. They were weirdly warm after being in the gloves.

Mum looks up at that, eying me suspiciously. "Why? Did you see them nasty animals there again? Pounce?"

"No," I shake my head and shrug. "I just felt like, she didn't check them today."

"Uh-huh," she tilts her head to look me from head to toe. "Hope you didn't mess with them tomatoes?"

"Mum," I groan. "Can't I just check them in peace? I can actually garden a little."

"Garden a little," she mimicks after me. "Then grow your own, young man. Let's see it live."

"I might."

She huffs, getting up the chair. "You're so lazy like your father, unbelievable."

I blink, trying not to laugh. "Dad's lazy?"

She looks at me, then around like there's someone else here that spoke. "Did I say something?"

I quickly shake my head, "No."

"Great," she waves me off. "Go get your jacket let's go to the market."

I nod, going up the stairs. "Am I driving?"

"No, we're flying!" I cringe at her reply, running up quickly. "Hurry up boy!"

I wash up my hands and change into a new pair of jeans, grabbing a jacket before running downstairs against. Mum is scolding Pounce for something I'm not sure of and after that, we set off, locking up everywhere.

"Seatbelts," Mum announces as soon as she gets into the car like she's teaching me how to drive all over again and like I haven't been driving for some months now. Either way I wordlessly oblige, driving out and hitting the road in silence. I fumble with the radio a bit while mum is on her phone but before I find anything, she starts speaking. "How was confession today?"

Oh my... The only thing worse than long talks is small talks.

"Um- fine," I answer the only way I can. I didn't actually go for confession though but I don't tell her that.