Chapter 80- soul aches and heartaches

KOOK POV:

The moment (Y/N) hurries up the stairs, tears in her eyes and voice shaking, it's like a dam breaks- Yoongi hyung, Hobi hyung and Jiminie hyung all rush after her whilst Jin hyung, Namjoon hyung and Tae hyung come around me.

My mouth sours with the poisonous, hurtful words that have just left it and my body is trembling- from a mixture of both hurt and anger- the rage suddenly leeched out of me, and it's not Jin hyung's doing. And the sudden rush of adrenaline and anger leaving my body leaves me feeling drained, exhausted.

I sink into Joon hyung's strong arms which have come to encircle me, slump into them as if all the strings holding me up have been abruptly cut.

When I'm seated on the middle of the couch, I sink my head despairingly into my hands- unable to meet their gentle eyes because of the shame that floods me.

"Kook-ah, you shouldn't have done that." Tae hyung starts slowly but the disappointment is there, an undercurrent to the softness and it stabs at my heart, driving in to the hilt.

"I get you were hurt, worried and concerned. We all were but lashing out is never the answer. It wasn't only you and (Y/N) who ended up getting hurt. What you did wasn't fair." Jin hyung reproves, voice laced with pain- and it's another stab of pain when I realise that hyung was drowning in our worry before she came, I can't imagine the depth of pain and hurt he was overwhelmed with now.

A choked sound leaves my throat, the weight of my words and theirs sitting heavily, boring down on me and making my heart ache and throb.

"We get you're worried. All of our instincts have been going into overdrive, especially because our soulmate is pregnant. But you never gave her the chance to explain- her phone was out of charge and she had to deal with something. You know she never leaves us in the dark." Joon hyung adds, voice level and calm- but it's too late.

I can't take back the words I've said- all the hurtful words I threw at her.

Now the question of how do I change it? Is of how do I make it better? How do I make it right?

And I feel guilty for allowing myself to be cuddled and held, as if I don't deserve it.

And when my eyes land on a box discarded to the side, when Jin hyung brings it forward with a pained expression- I see a box of doughnuts; with a small note that says 'For my darling Koo'- and that makes the tears return with a greater vengeance.

YOONGI POV:

The door is shut when we reach the outside of it, the sound of it closing had entered my ears- it had been soft and sad; as if the door somehow reflected the emotions of (Y/N) as she slid it shut, making the distinct barrier between herself and us.

Jiminie taps lightly at the door, calling her name.

"(Y/N), come on baby, don't hurt alone." He says softly, but there's no response.

Hobi reaches around my waist to open the door but it doesn't give way- she's locked it.

The sinking realisation of her action quickly floods me with heart-aching sorrow. She's never locked the door for us, from the moment she'd accepted the bond- she had never locked her door, regardless of whether she was changing, whether she wanted some time alone, it had always been open; a silent show of trust to respect her space.

But this. This hasn't happened. In years.

Jiminie stares at the door with a hurt expression, tears pooling in his eyes before he raps his knuckles with a greater urgency at the door.