Chapter 91- old connections made anew

YOONGI POV:

I could only stare, gawping at who stood on the other side of the door, clad in a fluffy soft white jumper and loose trousers, grinning from ear to ear.

"Aren't you going to let him in?" a bemused voice calls from behind me, soft and lilting as it approaches and despite the almost quiet quality of it- I hear it loud and clear.

I turn to padding footsteps, looking down at a glowing face, eyes lit with both amusement and exasperation.

Unconsciously, my bottom lip juts out in a sad pout looking at her. She tiptoes up, my arms automatically settling on her waist to steady her, the curve of her stomach stopping us from being flush against each other.

She brushes her lips against my own, the barest pressure against my own before she leans back whispering a gentle 'behave' before she's stepping around me to greet the visitor darkening our doorsteps.

"Oppa!" she says happily, I turn to see her drawing her arms around his torso, snuggling in happily to his embrace- jumper clad arms wrapping her in close, head tucking hers under, tilting to press a kiss there.

"I've missed you sweetheart." He says, voice soft and warm.

And suddenly I hear a wet sniffle, a slight hitch of breath- my ears catching onto the almost inaudible sound, eyes narrowing onto the figure who's holding my soulmate and making her cry.

The bond itches with the need to draw her into my own arms and sooth her, but I can tell that she's crying because she's happy, because she's missed him. So even if I don't like it, I let them hug for what seems like infinity, just clutching tightly at each other on the doorstep.

She leans back, just so she can snag a hold on the hem of his jumper, tugging him eagerly over the threshold.

"Come in. It's been ages since I've seen you." she says, a wobbly smile on her face.

Indeed. Indeed it has been ages since I've seen him too. The last time I'd seen him, he and (Y/N) had been crying hysterically in each other's arms at the airport, unwilling to part from one another. I remember the way her fingers had curled desperately onto his jacket, wanting to tug him back and plead him to say. But she'd let him go, because he'd wanted to travel, do things that he'd always planned to.

And when we enter the living room, smiles are directed towards the doorway; towards the figure who is still practically latched onto (Y/N), stepping in closely so her back and his chest almost meet.

My fingers twitch with the urge to separate them and it takes sheer control and determination to watch them sink onto a couch together without pouting or huffing.

But I'm not jealous or anything. Totally not.

(Y/N) POV:

I turn excitedly to Myungsoo oppa, it's been ages since I've seen him and my eyes rove over his face carefully and slowly- trying to see if there's traces of exhaustion or anything he's trying to hide, committing this newer altered face to my memory. He seems simultaneously older and younger- his face sharpened with a maturity, but at the same time his eyes are less haunted, less plagued- they're brighter and the curve of his lips is as bright and carefree as I remembered.

The trip really did help his soul heal a bit. When he'd announced he wanted to travel, to complete pieces of the bucket list he'd once made all those years ago, with me cushioned between him and Hye-Sun unnie. He'd said he was doing it for the two of them; so I couldn't hold him back from that.

But the year or so he had been gone, he'd missed a lot of things and I can see both the questions and bubbling curiosity in those familiarly soft brown eyes.