CHAPTER SEVEN- Rogue and Travel ✔️

It is a few months later and Christmas morning.  Our pack has a special way we celebrate Christmas. As a pack we get up at 6am and we do a pack run. The pups who cannot turn all dress up warm and they climb into a sleigh. Then the sleighs are pulled through the woods.  We have special bars that we bite into to pull them. The rest of the pack runs along with them.  When we get to the meadow we gather wood and light a bonfire.  Then we all pull out our thermoses and drink various warm drinks. We hand out a bag of food to each wolf.   We sing various songs and dance to it.  Then we turn and run back to the pack house. At lunch time we all meet in the dining hall. Each child and mate carries in one present. On the table outside are wrapped gifts for all the wolves without family. They pick up their gift and go to the table in the dining room. We all open up our gifts. Selena and Serena each got a doll. I got a bracelet with 4 charms. Then Brett and Bryan got baby rattled and they looked at my stomach and then me. I nodded and they howled. My brother joined in on their howl and he yelled, "I'm gonna be a daddy."

The Beta's yelled "we are too." Then they stopped and turned and looked at Elder Alpha. They remember his dream prediction. After we ate lunch we went outside. I was walking toward the hill where families were sledding. I saw my siblings going up the hill to go back down. I put Serena and Selena on my sibling's sled and was helping them pull it up the hill when I hear growling. We turned around and Brett and Bryan had their arms crossed, "what do you think your doing?"

"I am getting ready to take our daughters on their first sled ride."

"What if you get hurt or they get hurt?"

"Stop it. You know we have done this every year since we were their age. Come with us and let us have some family fun."

They look over and see Doc, "doc is it safe for our mate to go sledding in her condition."

"She is early enough that it is ok. Go have fun with her and your pups. Your mom was going sledding when she was pregnant with you two. Well on second thought that might be what is wrong with you two."

They glare at doc while everyone who heard laughs. Then they turn and take the sled from her. "We will pull them up the hill so you don't over exert yourself."

She just smiles and they spent the afternoon sledding. Then came in and helped prepare a community supper. Then after supper brought the pups home and put them to bed. They snuggled in front of the fireplace and celebrated privately their upcoming new family member.

The next day Brett and Bryan got up early. It was their turn for early patrols They were running patrol and found two young male rogue wolves there. "What are you rouges doing in our territory? SHIFT!"

They cowered by the tree They had been sleeping and were scared awake and shifted. "What are two young pups like you doing here?" They asked when they realized the looked about 14 or 15 years old, but knew they must be older since they had shifted.

One of them spoke up, "I am Zachary. I am 16 from Bloodmoon pack. Well I was Bloodmoon until yesterday and was chased off. This is Wyatt from Bluemoon. The past 5 years our packs come together for the 8 day of Yuletide celebrations. When we arrived I smelled a wonderful smell and discovered Wyatt was my mate. Our fathers put us in the dungeon, but our moms release us. Given each of us bags. They ran with us to the border and turned back. We kept running. We stumbled into a group of rouges. Last night those rouges were chasing us and now we know why they stopped. We did not realize we ran into a pack territory."

More warriors arrived with the alpha. He heard their story. Then he stepped out from behind the tree so they saw him before he transformed to human. He looked at 4 warriors, "take them to the dungeon. Give them something to eat. No silver chains or whips unless they misbehave. I will checkout their story. Brett and Bryan take the trackers and another group of warriors and check out the rouges. Since it is fact finding only complete silence."