CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR ✔️

The first day of the festival Meri went walking around with the pups in the stroller. She had several male wolves walk up to her and sniff. One said, "not marked but obviously fertile with all these pups. How about joining me in my tent." He then pinched her butt.

Meri twirled around, "take your paw off my ass or I promise you that hand will be laying on the ground. I was Betas Bryan and Brett mate of the pack territory you are now standing on. I have a reputation for knocking out Alphas. You are only a beta. I am sure I could knock you out too."

Garrett walks up to this group, "she is not your mate and she is not a pack slut. You will apologize or meet me in the ring."

Issac and Conrad walk up with a few other Alphas. One of the Alpha's looks and says, "why are you challenging my Beta to the ring?"

Garrett turned toward the alpha who spoke up, "this mutt insulted Widow Timberwood.  Her mark is fading and he referred to her as a pack slut while she walks around with her pups, nieces and nephews."

Just them Issac and Conrad growled. His alpha looked at his beta, "what did you do? Apologize now. You are a leader now of Grassy Plains Pack. You are suppose to be a role model. Your punishment  will be to be public collared  and given a whip for each insult. I see the insult was done in front of the widow and 6 innocents. That is a total of 7 whips." The beta pales. "As his Alpha I concede in doing the whipping. I offer the widow the right to do the whipping or the three Alphas who stand ready to serve your honor."

Just then Bartholomew, Ezra, Brent and Jacob walk up, "is there an Alpha meeting we missed?." Bartholomew ask.

Then Ezra sees how upset Meri looks and how pissed off the three Alphas are. He wraps his arms around Meri, "why is my daughter upset?"

Meri replies, "my mark is fading and this mutt could smell all your scents on me still from our pledges  and referred to me as a jazebel. I threatened to kick his ass when Garrett challenged him."

The Grassy Plains Alpha said, "a punishment has been issued to him.  He was told to apologize now. He is a new beta who leaves for leadership training in two months. His punishment will be to be public collared  and given a whip for each insult. His insult was done in front of the widow and 6 innocents. That is a total of 7 insults. Which is an equivalent of 7 whips. As his Alpha I concede in doing the whipping. I offer the widow the right to do the whipping or the three Alphas who stand ready to serve her honor, but I see that there are now 7 ready to stand up for her honor."

He looked at Meri, "Do you accept this punishment?"

Elder Brent growled and spoke up, "this is my twin son's widowed mate. As their father, I do not feel it is appropriate punishment. As an Elder Beta I know the leadership role he should have.  She had twin mates (MY SONS) so it was twice the insult. I say he is given twice that amount and be sent to leadership school and treated like an omega until it is time for him to attend class. Maybe then he will learn to be humbled and not insulting to she-wolves. He will learn to think with the upper brain and not the lower brain. He is to be given a red collar which means the collar will not come off until he shows true remorse. If not shown true remorse by the time he to head to school he is stripped of his beta rank."

"The mutt snarls at the Brent, "as a Beta you should stick up for your own kind."

Brent says, "no as a beta you stick up for your pack and should be defending she-wolves. You show true leadership by being positive examples. This punishment has saved your life because I know if we each took you to the ring you would not survive the matches. If you keep insulting the rank of Beta I will request a double collar. It will be a yellow which you might think represents happiness. However a yellow color is negative connotations of cowardice and/or dishonor which you would wear until you redeem your honor back. Basically means you will be ostracized by current betas."