CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN ✔️

Day 3

Meri wakes up and looks over toward the crib and toddler beds. She sees the 5 girls picking up the pups. They are whispering and giggling, "shhh we don't want to take her." "Grab the diaper bag." "Memaw said to bring them to her." "Ok let's go." Then they walk out. They close the door and she start to laugh. Meri jumps out of bed and grabs her black skinny jeans with a rose on it. Her black long sleeve shirt with roses. Plus her matching converse tennis shoes and Rose earrings. She also grabbed the rose collar necklace that would block anyone from marking her that day. She then jumps into the shower and gets ready for the day.

She goes downstairs and sees a breakfast Buffett had been set up. She starts to walk over to get herself a plate when Garrett steps in front of her. "Good morning Garrett." Then looks again. "I need to get use to you being awake Jarrett." I then wink and start to walk around him.

"Garrett and I already have gotten our food. We set it up at the garden table." He turns and starts to walk toward the door leading toward the garden. Meri quickly snatches a couple pieces of bacon to nibble on. She then leans over and gives each pup a good morning kiss. Then follows Jarrett outside. "I now owe Garrett $10," and he laughs.

"Why do you owe him $10?"

"He said you would grab a piece of bacon before I got you outside."

"Garrett seen me grab bacon at the meals when you were sleeping. Jarrett, I am sorry for letting my anger out on you?"

He stops and places his hand on Meri's cheek. "It really wasn't your fault. As an Alpha I been trained about mama and pups. I was not treating you like that. I let my big brother attitude interfere. I got upset because I care for you and did not like the fact it was not returned. Honestly, Meri- I still care for you, and I even care for your pups, but I am also very jealous that they got you. As I said it was my fault. I know we got something going, but at same time it is not the mate scent and pull I have had before."

"Before? You have had a mate?"

"Yes, this is why Garrett and I wanted to talk to you and why we set up a private meal with just us. We wanted to tell you about our previous mates. We know we have feelings for you, but not sure what they are.

Meri leans forward and kisses Jarrett's cheek. "I have already figured out we are different. I have read in human books about a custom they call courting. I figured that is what is the closest analogy there is to our feelings. We just will commit to being friends and see how it goes." She then turns and continues walking, "now I am hungry. Let us eat and then we will talk before I go to my 10:30 appointment. Plus we have the mate run we have to be at at 1:00pm. Jarrett smiles and follows her.

She sees Garrett standing by the table with this huge platter of food.  She walks up to him and says. "Wow that is a lot of food." He turns real quick and smiles.

" He turns real quick and smiles

"Here have a seat in this bench." Meri sat down and both brothers were sitting on each side of her. They grabbed a fork and each took turns feeding her and taking bites. Once Meri was full she started feeding them the rest. When they were done eating they lead her away from the table.