CHAPTER FIFTEEN- saving the injured ✔️

We cannot hear anything in the safe room. I see several Elders go to the door and I go up to where Mom, dad, Emily and Ezra are standing. "What is going on? Where are you going?" Lucinda and Sophia have joined me.

"We are going to go help the hospital prepare. We have all gone through the first aid training medic course. You stay here and look after your pups and your siblings,"

"Is it safe for you? What if we get over run?"

Dad replies, "that is why we males and 2 females are going. We all were warriors and we all have continued training after we became elders to stay in practice. No one will get past me or them to hurt anyone in the hospital. Now go lay down and you all get rest. It is getting late. He then kissed all three of us on or forehead and says, "love you to the moon and back. Lock the door after me." Then the elders leave and Lucinda locks the door.

We go lay down on our 3 pallets we had made to use for us in the back corner. We were snuggled together.  Ana said, "I wish mom was here. She would tell us a story."

I thought of one the journal entries and told the story

"When ,Bryan, Issac and I were around 11 years old we went with Grandma and Grandpa on a trip to one of the Ocean Packs. We loved to run down to the  beach with the alpha and Beta's pups. One night we decided we were going to camp out with them.  Well  Bryan and I came up with an idea. We snuck back to the pack house and went to the drama club. We used the makeup and found a long pink wig. We took some of the shimmery fabric and made a mermaid tail. Since Bryan was the strongest swimmer he swam out into the ocean and sat on a rock. He pulled the pink wig out of the water proof bag and put it on. He then pulled out a CD player from the water proof bag and put a CD in it that had a girl laughing and singing. She was welcoming the sun.

All the sudden Issac and the other young alpha started yelling. They were talking about the mermaid. I came out of the tent wearing a blue tshirt. I asked what the commotion was going on about. The other younger beta climbed  out of his tent. They were all staring and going on about the mermaid. What they did not notice was I pulled off the blue shirt and had a green shirt under neath. I was standing on the other side in the back ground. I kept switching sides and shirts and the other three never noticed it. They saw the mermaid look startled at the boys. She dove off the rock into the ocean. She swam off flipping her tail. They tried to catch her but at the bend she went out of their sight.  What they did not see was Bryan swum to the shore. He used the water to scrub the makeup off real quick. He then ran off the beach into the woods. He hid the mermaid outfit in a hole in the tree. He heard his friends and me coming. He made some sort of animal sound. I ran into the woods and yelled "will be right back. We got to pee." I pulled off the second pair of shorts and handed the shirt to him. He then did put on the outfit. Then we ran out to join their friends. We spent the rest of that visit going looking for mermaids.  We also became pirates, but our raft sunk along with our treasure. Those two weeks was a great adventure for us.