CHAPTER THIRTEEN- the journals ✔️

When we got back after the memorial I told my parents I just needed some time with my pups. They reluctantly left me at my house. I went into the kitchen and packed up several days worth of food into a bag. I then went and added some clothes. I picked up my pups and my mate's journal. I sprayed some scent begone on us. I then carefully walked and stopped and rest several times until I made my destination. It was the Ewok village.

I followed the directions written in their journal to the hidden steps inside the tree

I followed the directions written in their journal to the hidden steps inside the tree. Then I climbed up them. I found one of the rooms had their faint old scent. It had bunk double beds with blankets on them. I laid the girls down and curled up with one on each side of me. Then fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up with two girls playing peekaboo on me. I change their diapers. Then unpack the clothes from my bag. I then went to explore the different buildings. I discovered there were alot of huts set up with bunk beds. Then the bridges led to one that was set up in the middle as a kitchen. It had a hand pump into a wash basin. Plus had a small cast iron stove. Then a wooden plank table and benches. In the back corner behind a screen.

This place had been kept up. I went and grabbed the bag with food and carried it in here. Then fired up the wood stove and made breakfast for the girls and I. Then spent the day in that room playing with the girls. In the back corner by the screen I discovered a Murphy bed. I pulled it down and made that bed. I went and moved our clothes back into the kitchen area.

That evening I had a Lycan call up from down below. "Meri, this is Lycan Alpha Conrad Mitchell may I come up to check on you? You have your pack worried."

I sighed, "I wrote them a letter stating I just needed time to heal. I will open the entrance. I locked it." I unlock it and he comes up. He comes up to where I am at. I notice he sends others to check out the other buildings. "How did you know I was here? I used scent be gone and special firewood that would not scent or carry smoke."

"One of my patrols saw you and followed you. They recognize you as the betas' widow.  Your pack is worried because your suppose to be on bedrest."

"They were suffocating me. I just needed a place to go to heal. I miss them so much. If your worried I will kill myself because they are gone, I will not. I have these two pups to raise plus another one on the way."

"I know what you are going through. You at least have pups. My mate died 5 years ago and I threw myself into my work so I would not kill myself.  I am waiting and hoping for a second chance mate.  I will send a runner to your alpha that you are ok. Before I do I am going to have my pack doctor checked you over. If he gives you the all clear you can stay here but if he says your not then tomorrow we will escort you back."

Your doctor is not going to check me over."

"I am going to send him in now to check you over or you will be returned tomorrow to your pack.