CHAPTER EIGHT- legend story ✔️

When we got back the trackers had not returned yet. We still had until tomorrow night for them to return. When we got back the girls were asleep. The smaller items we got for their birthday we wrapped up and the bigger items were being shipped here. We ended up getting a large purple and a large pink suitcase and each case had identical items in it. We could not wait until their birthday to show them all the items. Though I did laugh at the indoor obstacle course that they said would go in the basement. I did remind them that it said ages 1-7. LOL

Though their birthday wasn't until February but the guys kept saying see it is a month away

Though their birthday wasn't until February but the guys kept saying see it is a month away. I rolled my eyes and said it is still a few days left in December. Just as we finished wrapping and putting the items in the closet we heard a thump. The guys ran upstairs to their room and the girls had climbed out of their cribs. They were walking around their room. Brett scooped up Selena and yelled, "woohoo she is walking." And Bryan scooped up Serena, "did you see that Meri? Our girls are walking." I had tears rolling down my face, "they are too young to walk." I then started taking pictures and videos of them walking between their daddies.

Then we took them downstairs and fed them snack. They each were given a crawdaddy stuffed animal. We took them outside and we threw snowballs at each other. The alpha and Luna came over to welcome us back and of course the Alpha ended up with a snowball hitting him in the face. We soon had a raging snowball fight going on with several pack children and a few parents. The older pups were careful with the little pups.

The Luna, the she-wolves and I grabbed the little pups and went inside. We started making hot chocolate. I went outside to call the older pups and adults in for hot chocolate and snacks. We also had ordered pizza for the whole pack that night. I took pictures of my beta and alpha being surrounded and pounded with snowballs. I then called out, "time to come in now that you have beat them." They cheered and came running in. "Stomp the snow off and hang up your coats in the mud room. No tracking snow inside."

They came in and each of my mates gave me a kiss as they walk-in. We all ate our snack and drank hot coco. We then went into the theater room and watched the movie frozen with the pack. We came back to the pack cafeteria and we all ate the pizza that arrived while the movie was playing.

After dinner we went into the great room and sat in front of the fire place. Elder Luna Donna Mae said in a quiet voice that had all the pups and adults sitting up straight and listening, "Many moons ago our Luna Goddess Cecilia was lonely. She finally met a wolf, Deuteronomy whom she fell in love with. As a goddess she could shift into wolf form. She became his mate. She had many children who all were human forms. He continued to grow old while the goddess stayed young looking. She went to her Uncle Zeus and requested immortality for her mate. He thought about it and finally said, "a wolf has no soul, but can have feelings. If I give him immortality he will need half your soul. He will become your protector and not just your sweetheart. He will actually be your soul mate. Bring him here on the next full moon if you and him agree with sharing a soul I will grant him immortality."

The next full moon came and she brought Deuteronomy before Zeus.  Zeus look at them and said, "it is my understanding that you two wish to become mates for all times?"

They nodded their heads and looked into each other's eyes. Zeus waved his hand and she felt her soul divide. When that happened she passed out. The wolf whines and licked her face. He then felt her soul enter him. He too passed out. When they awoke the sniff the air and could smell each other's scents.  He realized he was in human form. His human and wolf had different voices. They each could swap back and forth into human and wolf appearances.

They went back to her home where their children were and as the children grew up they went out into the human world and never went back to visit. The parents would have to go see them. They claimed after being in the human world it seemed unnatural to have parents who could now shift. Well these two continued having children and they thought they were human. When the children turned 16 at the stroke of midnight they would have their first shift. It was then the moon goddess realized her children were like her mate.

They would smell their human mate, but their children would want to mark their mate. Soon the various children started forming packs. They realized the wolves had various strength which is what lead to the pack structure we use today. The moon goddess is like a grandmother of many generations ago. It is because of their immortality that we can live two or three times longer than humans.

The problem came when their first children who were full human got jealous. They contacted Hades and asked for the same sort of benefits the dogs had. He said, "I cannot grant you that, but I can give you three items that can be used on them. The first is an innocent flower we will call wolfbane. The second is silver. The third will be on the night of the full moon they will feel the animal come forth more. This night they will have to learn better control, but the day after the full moon they will be more tired. This will make them easier to attack. Use the first two as weapons and their lives will not last long.

When the moon Goddess and Deuteronomy figured out what was Hades had shared they went to Zeus again. They asked him what could be done to keep their human children from the pups? He gave werewolf's strength and agility. Plus accelerated their healing to counterattack the wolfsbane and silver. Plus gave them seeds from Rosa rubiginosa which he said was the flower of healing. It could counter the evil of wolfsbane and silver. This is why you see in many woods the sweetbrior roses growing in the wild.  This is why our pack sews a sachet of these petals into every outfit before we wear them. This way if your poisoned you can heal yourself."

The alpha looked around and saw many pups started nodding off. "I think that is enough for tonight mom. Another night you can tell more about the sachet." Parents then started gathering their pups and heading home. I thought to myself what a great way to spend the day with the pack.

 I thought to myself what a great way to spend the day with the pack