Chaper 2

Loren Samiya Reese
20

1 month later

At the salon

It's been a month since I moved. I got a job at a new nail, hair and wax salon. The owner said she's looking for new employees like the ones that just got their license because she knows how hard it is to get a job when your a newbie. I'm very thankful for that.

I got the job after one week of searching I was lucky.

She recently just bought the place and fix it up real good. I'm happy it's connected and has a lot of friendly people around cause I don't like a disrespectful bitch that's thinks they more thank anyone cause I'll cuss a bitch out.

I was a bit nervous since 2 of my coworkers are very experienced being doing nails for a while. But they're the best. They don't criticize you. They help you out. Which I'm thankful for.

I met some new people. I haven't met any male friends I wanna keep around as yet. But I need some male friends. The ones Zaria and I had where fucking dickheads they had no boundaries and not to mention they were fucking disrespectful.

One of the guys had a crush on me but at that time I had a boyfriend so I told him I had a boyfriend and I didn't like him back. He got mad called me out by my name and told everyone I was a hoe. That's was our breaking point we cut them off after that.

We even added to our group a girl called Aniyah she works as a wax technician and Nini who is a hairdresser. Nini and Aniyah have been bestfriends since high school just like me and Ria .We're all getting close which I love.

"Lo can you take Pinky's client please that girl done overbook her damn self" Ciara the manager/owner said snapping me out my thoughts.
"Sure just let me finish refilling this" I said finish pouring then covering the liquid monomer's bottle.

Pinky-one of my coworkers always overbooks herself knowing she's a slow worker. I mean she's real slow so that's why customers keep piling up on her but I don't mind I get her customers I get her pay.

Pinky is Ciara's sister in law so she hasn't fired her or anything but she's always doing some shit like being late and being messy.
I can tell that Ciara is annoyed with her at times but tries to mask it because she's her husband's sister but damn she gotta go.

"Thank you Lauryn" Pinky smiled sweetly as soon as I walked out the storage room.
"It's Loren and your welcome"I smiled sweetly I think she does it on purpose. I've been working her 3 weeks now only a week after her and she's saying my name wrong every chance she gets.

"Lauryn Loren Potayto potatoe" she mumbled and I walked away not wanting to say anything more to her.
"No it's just Loren not Lauren" Ziara said in the meanest polite way with a fake smile. My girl
It Loren why tf she wanna call me Loren. I love my other coworkers but her she gets on my nerves.

"Hey girl you here for Pinky" I asked the brown skin girl that was skimming through the color book with a overwhelming facial expression. I guess she had trouble picking out a color

"Yeah can you help me pick which color I'm kinda confused on which one to pick" she said shyly and I smiled taking a seat next to her.
"So what are you going for" I asked and she sighed the showed me a text message.I noticed she was hiding the top message but I'm not nosey it's not my business or anything.

I noticed she was hiding the top message but I'm not nosey it's not my business or anything