Chapter 24

Noah

I am mesmerized by Hope as I listen to her open her heart to me and my wolf. I want to hold her. But I am going to wait. She is the most gorgeous creature I have ever seen. Her heart and soul are beautiful. How was I so fortunate to be blessed with her as my Mate? I know she is cold out here. I am in my fur, so I will be okay. Once she is quiet for a while, I get up and walk over to her sliding door that leads to the kitchen. She follows. "Do you think I should go in?" She asks. I nod my head. "Thank you for coming Noah. I will see you soon." She waves and I run home. Maybe I can sleep now.

The week goes by without any problems or surprises. I go to her yard every night and watch over her house for at least an hour. She usually comes out to see me. I think she wakes up when I arrive. I don't text her first anymore. She just appears. I know it helps the separation sickness. She always thanks me for it. I am doing it for my own sanity too. I can't stand to not know what is going on around her. Checking on her makes me feel better. And she seems to feel free to share her deepest feelings when I am in my wolf form. I love listening to her.

I still haven't touched her. I want to so badly. I want her beautiful, delicate hand in mine. I know how amazing it will feel. I have heard about it my whole life. The tingles. But I'm still afraid that it will make things harder on her. I don't want to do anything to make it worse.

Today is Friday, and I am so glad. Her Dad agreed to let her spend the weekend here. We have an empty room right next to mine. I can't wait for her to move in permanently though. Mom offered to decorate it a little to make it comfortable for Hope. She has never had a girl to do girly things with. She is enjoying having her around.

The rest of the pack has heard that I found my Soul Mate. They are anxious to meet her. I explained that she didn't know she was a wolf and that I wanted to ease her into pack life. They all understood. They know who she is. The daughter of the man who gave his life to save their Luna. He is revered here. Therefore, Hope will be also. Every pack is better off with a Luna. She has a personal touch that men just don't have. Mom has been that for our pack. She will help Hope become the best Luna that she can be.

After school, we hurry to my car. We both are excited to get this weekend started. We will not suffer this weekend. No sitting out in the cold just to see each other. Hope has a bag with her things in my car. It feels like a big step. She will put her personal things into her room, next to mine. The next best thing will be when she puts those things in my room. One day. But I will be patient. 

I have big plans for this weekend. We are going to have a real date. I am taking her somewhere special for the day tomorrow. I haven't told her where. She's excited. When we get home, Mom comes out to the car. "Hope! I'm so glad you're here. I have something to show you." Hope looks at me and I just smile. Mom takes her hand and pulls her inside, and to her new room. I grab her bag and follow them. Mom opens the bedroom door and shows her what she has been working on. The walls are cream. There is a soft rug on the hardwood floor. The bed is big and full of pillows. Hope walks over and lays on the bed. She melts into the huge comforter. "I love it!" she giggles while buried in the fluffy pillows. The site makes me laugh. "Thank you so much Delilah. It's perfect." There is a painting of flowers on the wall and a desk under it. She goes over and looks at all the knickknacks Mom put in here. It's really nice. She also has her own bathroom attached.

We have dinner as a family and then her and I go for a walk through our forest. She asks me questions about her coming transition and how often she will need to be in her wolf form. "Most of us change a couple times a day, just to run through the forest. It's relaxing. We try to stay within this designated area for safety." I tell her. "But you come see me every night. Is that safe?" she asks. "Well, it's probably not the wisest decision on my part, but I have to see you. I won't have to do it for long. And your place isn't far away when I'm in my wolf form. But I want you to promise me that once you transition, you will only go out in your wolf form with me or my brothers." I request. "Just at first. While you are getting used to it." I amend. "Sure, I can do that. I think I would be afraid if I were alone anyway." That's a relief. "Thank you Hope, that makes me feel much better."

I show her some of my favorite spots to run and a couple where I sit and think. She takes it all in with wide, curious eyes. I love her adventurousness and excitement to learn new things. She is always ready to be taught. "So, when will I meet the rest of the pack?" she asks as we walk along the stream. "As soon as you are ready. They all are really excited. You have become a bit of a celebrity." "Me? Why?" she asks surprised. "It's not every day we find a lost werewolf female. Especially one who is not only Raiden's daughter, but their new Luna." I inform her. "Oh, I see, I hadn't looked at it that way. I don't feel special. I was a little bit nervous, thinking they would consider me a child and an outsider." She confesses. "Not at all, werewolves are always happy to welcome new ones to their pack. Even the human female mates. We are simply happy to extend our family. You know, with us dying out and all."

"How about Sunday?" she asks suddenly, after quietly considering what I just told her. "That would be awesome! Mom can't wait to have everyone over for a big party. I will notify the pack. Your Mom and Dad should come too." I say excitedly. "A whole party, for me? You all don't need to go to so much trouble." "Trust me, we love to get together any chance we have. Mom has been patiently waiting for you to be ready." I confess. "Okay, Sunday it is then."

We head back to the house and decide to just talk and get to know each other better. I learn she has never dated anyone seriously before. Just a couple of random dances. That's a huge relief. As werewolves, we wait for our mate. So dating isn't something we generally do. I have no experience when it comes to women. But Mom has taught me how to be thoughtful and respectful. We have instructors in the pack who teach the teenagers not only about our wolf, but about how to treat our treasured mate. She is always to be put first. One day, Hope will be helping teach the young ones these things. She will no doubt be great at it.

"So, you have never dated anyone?" Hope asks me. "No, we are only drawn to our mate. So, it is very rare for one of us to be attracted to someone who isn't. We obviously know what beauty is, and we appreciate it like anyone else, but we don't feel the need to get closer to someone of the opposite sex that isn't our mate. It is a protection for not only our Soul Mate, but for ourselves." I explain. "Wow, so I will be your first kiss?" she asks with an adorable blush. "Yes, you will. And what about you? Have you ever kissed anyone?" "Well, there was this one time..." she pauses, and my heart starts to hurt. "But we were in Kindergarten, and it was just on the cheek, so I don't think it counts." She finally finishes laughing. "Very funny Miss Christianson."

I tell her about my first transition and about taking over the Alpha position when I was 18. She asks lots of good questions. I try to give her as much information as I can. I also don't want to scare her. So, I keep the painful parts to a minimum. It's going to hurt whether she is in shape or not. But it will be much easier for her if her body is prepared. We are starting her training on Monday. She's pretty excited for it. The boys will be helping.

Sometime after midnight, I decide we should both probably rest. "But I want to keep talking to you." She says with sleepy eyes. "I know love, I want to be with you too. But you need to rest because tomorrow we will be doing lots of walking. And this will probably be one of only a couple good nights sleep until you are back here next weekend." I remind her. "You are right of course." She says as she gets off the couch and we start walking upstairs. I wish so badly to kiss her goodnight. But I will wait. "Noah, can we leave our doors open? I want to feel as much of your presence as possible." She says hesitantly. "Of course. I am actually considering sleeping on your floor." I admit. "Really? You should!" she says eagerly. "I don't think your Dad would appreciate it. So, I probably shouldn't." "Oh, okay." She says, disappointed, as she opens the door to her room. "Hey, the only thing between us is this one wall. My bed is against it, just like yours. Mom made sure we were as close as possible." She smiles brightly. "Thank you, Noah, that will help." "Goodnight Love, sweet dreams." I tell her. "You too."

I sadly leave her room and go to mine. I leave my door open and change in my bathroom. As I get ready for bed, I think about how much better I feel having her here than on most nights. I breath in deeply when I get in bed. I can still smell her. "Noah?" she says quietly. "Yeah?" "Just checking." She says. Moments later, I fall asleep with a smile on my face.