Chapter 37

Hope

After talking to Noah for a while, and him explaining that we must wait, we decided to take a run and hopefully calm my wolf down a little. She is anxious to spend time with his wolf. We run and play for a couple hours. Chasing each other, and exploring the forest. It's amazing. My wolf is so content. I am starting to feel more of her emotions and she is responding to me better than before. I just wish I could talk to Noah and his wolf. He is determined to wait to mark me until I we get permission from my Dad. But I have gotten to the point that I don't care what Dad says. I'm 18 and I need my mate.

I can sense so much more in my wolf form. It's truly amazing. The sounds, smells and sights are so much sharper and clearer. Noah says it will even be stronger after we complete the bond. With the aid of your other half, you are stronger and more powerful. But I just want to be able to hear his soothing voice in my head all the time. To feel his emotions through the bond. I can feel his stronger emotions when we are near7 each other, but it isn't even close to what he says we will experience.

When we return to my house, it is already getting dark. I can smell dinner cooking, even from the back yard. We both change back into our human form before walking inside. "How are you feeling?" Mom asks as soon as we enter the kitchen. She turns from the stove with a smile on her face. "So much better Mom. My wolf just needed her mate." I tell her as I look over at Noah. His cheeks slowly get rosy. Did I embarrass the powerful Alpha?

I hear Dad's car pull up to the house. I feel a pit of anxiety in my stomach. Noah takes my hand in his. "Don't worry love, it will all work out. Don't make any rash decisions that you will regret." I know he is right, but I really don't want to listen. I know what I want, and it's Noah. I don't care if my Dad disagrees.

When Dad comes inside he looks at us, holding hands and facing him like it's the inquisition. I'm ready for a fight. "Hope, how you doing princess?" he asks kindly. That puts me and my wolf at ease. "Not so good today Dad. My wolf was agitated and wouldn't calm down until Noah showed up." Dad looks me in the eyes sympathetically. "I'm sorry, I know this is hard on you. But you just need to be patient." He states plainly, as if patience will make it all feel better.

"Asher, She really suffered a lot today. I didn't know what to do. She was shaking and crying and terribly sick. Her wolf took over her body time and time again until Noah arrived. It was frankly scary." Mom tells him bluntly. "We can't allow her to suffer this way. You don't realize how painful it can be. Now that her wolf has emerged, it's even worse." Mom continues.

"Tempest, I know you are worried about her, but it will be fine. She's only 18. She can't just move in with him. I wont allow it." He tells her with authority. They are talking about me as if I'm not even in the room. He's being completely unreasonable. I'm growing more and more frustrated. "Relax love." Noah whispers soothingly. "I can't relax. This is serious." I tell him a little too loudly. Dad turns to me, as if just now realizing I'm standing here.

"Hope, I'm sorry that it's painful. You will just have to deal with it for a while. I love you, but I can't let you ruin your education or his job by doing this. It's just not acceptable." I look him in the eyes and try to calm myself, and my wolf, before speaking.

"Dad, I respect you and I love you. But in this case, you are absolutely wrong. I was made to be with Noah. He is my other half. My body can not handle being separated from him until I have been marked. It is not just painful. It is excruciating. Not only is it a physical agony, but an emotional one as well. I have a being living inside me who acts on instinct. She can not control her need to be in his presence. She will not be calmed until he claims me as his by marking me. This is something that needs to happen. This is not up for debate." I tell him as calmly as possible.

Dad looks me in the eyes. I can tell that he is considering his words before speaking. My heart is racing. My palms are sweating. "No Hope, he can not mark you until you are out of school." I look from him to Noah. I wait for him to step in and take my side. I am struggling to keep my wolf from forcing the change. The only thing keeping me sane right now is Noah's hand around mine.

"I will respect your wishes." Noah tells him. I turn to look at him as if he just betrayed me. I rip my hand away from his. "How can you agree with him? You know how painful this is." "Yes, I know my Love, but I could go to jail for having a relationship with you. Your Dad could report me to the authorities. I wouldn't even be able to comfort you or be near you at all. That would be much worse. You have to consider the consequences." Noah pleads.

I can't believe this. Noah just agreed not to mark me. Does he even care about my feelings? He is supposed to be on my side. I thought he would fight for us. How can he simply throw away our bond and dismiss our relationship as if it's wrong? Does he feel the same way about me as I do about him? If he did, he would have marked me already.

I am looking at him with complete betrayal. "Hope, listen to me. We can try to make this work." I am slowing backing up into the kitchen. He follow, with his hands up. I shake my head. Unwanted tears are making their way down my face. "Don't come after me." I growl as I run out the door and change into my wolf. She completely takes over and we run out into the forest. I don't know where I am headed. Just away from here. Away from the thought that my mate doesn't care about me.

I run for miles as fast as I can. I don't want him following me. I finally stop when I have no energy left. I drink some water from a stream. I realize I never ate dinner and I'm starving. I have no hunting experience and I cringe at the thought of eating raw meat. My wolf lets me know that she is interested in the rabbit a little bit down the stream. She is also mad that we left our mate. I let her know that the rabbit is out of the question and that we can have our mate when he decides that we are more important to him than keeping my Dad happy.

With those thoughts going through my head. I lay down on some leaves and eventually fall asleep.