Chapter 19

Hope

I have never met a man as kind, even tempered, and reasonable as my Dad. But even he had a little problem with our story. He asked so many questions that we really didn't have the answers to. And yet, he has accepted that I will be dating my teacher and one day leaving to go live with wolves. He may not be happy about it, but he did eventually give me his blessing. And that means so much to me. We explained the need to be close to one another. He wants the best for me and doesn't want me to suffer. So, he agreed to me spending more time with Noah. But I don't think he will be letting me move in, just yet. Mom and I are both relieved that he is so understanding.

Dad does want to speak to Noah privately and to see the whole wolf thing with his own eyes. Mom wants to see it too. So. we will all go over there soon and have another dinner together. By the time we finished that exceptionally long conversation, I was feeling exhausted and achy. I needed to go to bed and sleep.

I fall asleep and dream of Noah again. This time he's in his wolf form. I am not. I chase him all over the woods. We play and run and just have a good time. When I wake up, it's morning, and time to get ready for school. I trudge through a shower and getting dressed. Mom makes me eat something. She is sympathetic about how bad I feel. She has been there. "Noah will be here soon sweetie. You will be fine. Go grab your bag alright?" I walk slowly and grab my stuff. She hands me a packed lunch. "This is so you can go straight to his room at lunch." "Thank you so much Mom, I love you." I tell her as I go to the front door. I am already starting to perk up. Then I notice he is already parked out front. Wow, my body can sense it from inside the house. That's crazy.

I walk out with a big smile on my face. He lights up when he sees me. As soon as I get in his car, the amazing smell and his presence take over my body. I take a big breath. It's as if this was the first real breath I took since I left him last night. "Better?" He asks with that deep, morning voice. This man is too sexy. A curl keeps falling down into his eyes and he runs his fingers through his hair. I wish I could do that. "Yes, much better. Thank you for picking me up." "It's my pleasure love. I couldn't wait to see you either. Everything is right again as soon as I'm with you." He lifts his hand to push some curls out of my face but catches himself right before he makes contact. "Sorry, I just, can't help myself. It's getting so much harder not to touch you." He admits. I just smile sadly and nod in agreement. Then we head off to school.

Mom called the office this morning. Both her and Dad talked to the principal. He said he would make sure that there aren't any rumors being spread about us. That was a relief. I would hate for Noah to get in any trouble because of me. But that only takes care of the teachers. The other students are another story entirely. The twins said they would start telling people that our families are very close and that they all think of me as their sister. That should help a little. At least I will stop getting dirty glares from some of their admirers. It's so sad that they will have to search for their Mates. There are no other girls in their community.

We go to my locker and then his classroom. It's still pretty early because he needs to arrive before the students. He makes sure to lock the classroom door behind us. Not like we will be caught holding hands or kissing. I can only wish. But we could be having a private conversation about wolves I suppose. One day, I plan to kiss this man right here in this classroom. My cheeks turn pink just thinking about it. "What is it Hope? You just blushed all over?" he asks amused. "Oh, nothing Mr. Kingston, just imagining making out with you on your desk." I tell him slyly to see his reaction. His eyes widen and he takes a big step toward me. "Miss Christianson, that is totally inappropriate. Am I going to have to give you detention?" he asks with a very authoritative voice. "Oh no Mr. Kingston, I will be a good girl." I turn and walk to my desk with an extra sway in my hips.  When I turn back, I see him barely holding back. I can tell he is fighting with himself for control. "That was not very nice Miss Christianson. I think I am going to give you detention after all. Meet me back here after school." He says playfully. "But I can't, I have to meet my boyfriend. He's a really big guy who can turn into a wolf. You don't want to mess with him." I joke. We both laugh as there is a knock on his door.

Noah opens to his brothers and lets them inside. "Are we interrupting anything?" asks Zade with his eyebrows raised. "Of course not. I can't even touch her." Noah says under his breath. They hear him, of course, and laugh. "Sorry bro, I know it's not funny. But you must admit it's crazy. I mean, you find your Soul Mate, she's gorgeous, and you can't even get near her." Zade says laughing. "Don't look at my Mate Zade if you want an A in my class. And no, it isn't funny. It's torture." "I know, I apologize. I will never, ever look at her again as long as I live." He says, looking right at me. Zander smacks him on the back of the head, and I burst out laughing.

The first bell rings and I begrudgingly say goodbye. The boys walk me to class. "It will be over soon." Zander reminds me. "Thanks." I head inside and start the countdown to my class with Noah. I am determined to pay attention and get as much out of class as I can. "So, are you and one of the twins dating?" Asks wink guy. It's sad that I haven't paid enough attention to catch his name. "No, they are good family friends. They are like brothers to me." I tell him. "Oh, good then, how would you like to go out with me this Saturday?" he asks with hope in his eyes. "I'm sorry, I just need to concentrate on school right now. No time for dating. But thank you for asking." I say as kindly as possible. "Alright, well, if you ever change your mind, let me know."