Chapter 9

Hope

I get up in the morning and do the same thing as yesterday. I feel like crap until I see Noah. Today I get a burst of energy when I near his room for English. It's almost like a wave of his powerful essence hits me as I enter. I can't help but stop dead in my tracks and breath it in. I literally close my eyes. No one else is here yet but the twins. When I open my eyes, he's doing the same thing. I laugh. His face lights up. He walks quickly toward me. "Are you okay?" he asks. "I am now." I tell him honestly. "It's stronger than I thought." He says to the twins. I don't ask what he means. If he feels half of what I do, then he means the need to be near each other.

The rest of the day goes by. Not much is different from yesterday. But today I know that tomorrow is Saturday, and we will be having dinner at Noah's house. I still feel exhausted. But I'm excited for my parents to meet his Mom. She seems like a wonderful person. Maybe her and my Mom will become friends. I am afraid that they will instantly know I'm attracted to Noah. Maybe we can avoid telling them he is my teacher. No, that will never work. I can't keep anything from my parents. They know me too well. I will just have to be on my best behavior. Don't gaze into his eyes. I can do that. Or maybe I can't. It's kind of like I can't help myself.

I sleep fitfully. I try to sleep as late as possible Saturday morning. We are going over there at three. I'm so thankful it's not later than that. I can hardly make it until then as it is. I put a little more effort into myself and wear a cute outfit. When I come downstairs, Dad looks me up and down. "Tempest, I think she likes one of them!" my Dad says loudly to my Mom who's still upstairs getting ready. "I know honey!" She yells back down to us. Oh God. I'm so embarrassed. "I'm going to change." I say as I run up the stairs. Mom catches me at the top. "Oh no you aren't. You look very nice. Now let's go before we are late. We need to make a good impression with your Mother in Law." She says. Dad laughs and I just stop walking. "Come on sweetie, I'm joking. Let's go." Mom says as she pulls me along to the car.

I'm practically bouncing with excitement in the car. But I still feel like crap. I'm super tired and I have another headache. But I don't care. I get to see him soon, and that's all that matters. When did I become that girl? Oh, right, a week ago. Pitiful. I actually can't stand myself right now. I'm exactly the kind of girl I couldn't stand. The one who needs to be stuck on her boyfriend's side at all times.

At the gate, I talk to the camera screen. "We are here to see the Kingston family." I say into the speaker from the back seat. "Oh yes, Miss Christianson. We were expecting you." The gate opens and we drive inside. I realize I don't know how to navigate to their house. It was so confusing. The man at the gate gets into a golf cart and tells us to follow him. Problem solved. "Fancy." Dad says laughing.

We follow for quite a while. I forgot how huge this place was. I would have never found my way to their house without this guy's help. We pull up to the front and my parents' eyes are wide. "This is gorgeous." My Mom says. "I think I have been here before. A long time ago." She adds. "Well, you did live here honey. Maybe you had a friend who lived in this neighborhood." Dad suggests. "Yeah, maybe." She says hesitantly. She gets out slowly. The twins meet us at the car. Dad shakes their hands. The guys look at each other like they are having a private conversation like usual. Then they greet my Mom and me. They walk us into the house. "Mom is in the kitchen and she couldn't leave the food on the stove, sorry about that." Zander tells us. "It's okay." I assure him.

We walk straight to the kitchen. I get a slight scent of Noah, but I can tell he isn't in the room. I'm immediately disappointed. But I'm sure he will arrive at some point. I just want it to be right now. Dad and the guys are talking football or something as we walk back toward the kitchen. Delilah is turned toward the stove when we enter. She hears us and turns around with a big welcoming smile. "Delilah?" My Mom says shocked.

They look at each other for a moment and Delilah's face is full of shock. "Tempest, is that really you?" She drops whatever was in her hand on the counter and runs to my Mom and embraces her. "I didn't know what happened to you." Delilah says while putting her hands on my Moms cheeks and looking into her eyes. Dad and I are looking at the two of them in shock. Were they friends? Why so dramatic? I notice my Mom is crying. They hug again. I don't know what to say. The twins are standing there just as confused as I am.

Delilah takes my Moms hands and sits her down at the large kitchen table where we ate the other night. "Where did you go?" Delilah asks her. "I had to leave; I went back to California." Mom tells her. Delilah looks up at me. "Is she...?" She stops mid-sentence. My Mom nods and continues crying. What is happening? Then Noah runs into the room with shock written all over his face.

Thanks for reading! Comments? Theories? Please vote!