Chapter 34

Noah

It's time to talk to Hope's parents about marking her and moving her in. I know this won't go over well. She is as nervous about this discussion as me. I decide that I need to be the mature one and tell them what I have planned. "I know you love and care for Hope immensely. And so do I." I say, looking at both of them. They nod of course. "The next step is that I mark her."

"What does that mean exactly?" Asks her Dad. He doesn't look happy. Tempest jumps in to the conversation quickly. "Like this." She tells him while showing him the faded mark on her neck. Mine will definitely not be like that. Hers is only less visible because she lost her mate. But I wont mention that right now. Asher leans over to his wife and takes a good look at the mark. "I always wondered about that. You never did explain what happened there."

"The marking will allow me to communicate with Hope telepathically. I can also feel her emotions, and her mine. I will know if she is ever in distress or needs help. It is very important to our kind that we stay connected to our Mate and family in this way." I explain. "Alright, that is understandable." He concedes. "It will also allow Hope to speak to my immediate family. They will also be looking out for her welfare."

"Marking also means that we are almost fully bonded. To our people it is like a marriage vow. We will have a ceremony that follows shortly after the marking takes place. Hope will become the Luna of our pack." This is the part I am worried about. "She isn't ready for so much responsibility. She is still in high school. How can you expect her to become a leader when she just found out about this life months ago?" He is up off the couch pacing back and forth now. Tempest gets up and rubs his back reassuringly. "I'm sure that's not required of her yet." She says, trying to soothe him. She looks pointedly at me for back up.

"Mom is going to continue to do the duties of the Luna while Hope learns more about the responsibilities. She will be slowly transitioned into the position." I try to assure him. I look at Mom pleadingly. She jumps in right away. "Don't worry about that, I don't plan to stop mothering our pack for quite a while. I will make sure Hope has time for school and anything else she wants to do. We have a small pack, and I enjoy what I do. It will be years before Hope takes over entirely." Mom tells everyone. I see relief cross Tempest and Asher's faces. Thank goodness.

"Once I mark her, I will need her to move in here permanently. She will stay in her own room of course, until we are officially married. We can have a traditional human ceremony." I look at Hope and she is smiling brightly. But turning back to Asher, I can see that this is not going well. "Why would I let her move in here? She's still our daughter. She will stay with us until you are officially married in a couple years." My heart sinks.

"Asher, Sir, I know that this seems sudden and unbelievably fast, but we do things differently in the werewolf world. Once we meet our Soul Mate, we are ready to mark them immediately and become bonded. It is our nature to keep our loved ones as close as possible. We are one hundred percent certain that this is the person we want to spend our lives with. I am fully and completely dedicated to your daughter. There is no question in my mind that she is mine and I am hers." I desperately explain.

Hope then goes over to her Dad and wraps her arms around him. "Dad, this is what I want. I'm not afraid of the responsibility. I know that I will love him as long as I live. I don't need to take any more time to think about this, or get to know him better. My heart already knows him. He is my other half. I'm not complete without him. I will never change my mind. I don't need to wonder if he's the right man for me. We can all see that this was destined long ago."

I decide not to speak up or add to what she said. My heart swells with the words she spoke. Asher looks at his daughter and shakes his head. Tears are now streaming down her cheeks. Mom takes my hand in hers. She reassures me in our mind link, "He will come around eventually."

"No Hope, you aren't moving in here and you certainly aren't getting married at 18 to your teacher." He spoke with finality. His words crush me.