Chapter 51

Hope

I am trying not to freak out as Noah searches for me. I am sending all the love I have through the bond. He said strong emotions will make my location easier for him to detect. He just told me they got Chuck at the airport. That is such a relief. I hated to think that his mom or anyone else would be in danger from that psycho.

I can sense Noah is close, then he confirms it. "I feel you Love. I'm almost there. I believe you are on the top floor." I can sense his anxiety. I try sending as much confident vibes as possible.

Then I hear feet pounding out in the hallway. They stop right outside the door. "I'm here!" I yell. Then the door comes crashing in. He kicked it down. Werewolf strength. He looks strait at me and runs to my side. His arms are around me. He looks me up and down franticly checking for injuries. He places kisses on top of my head and then all over my face. "Thank God."

Then he notices the cuffs and the angry red marks around my wrists from them. He picks them up tenderly and examines them. "I'm so sorry my love. I will have these off right away." He yanks the cuffs apart from each other which frees me from the couch. I am able to throw my arms around his neck and hold him. Then I start crying. I don't mean to, but I can't help it. All the emotions I was trying to hide from him come pouring out. "I know love, I got you. Just let it out." He assures me.

He picks me up and carries me out of the apartment. I just now notice the twins are here too. We all head down to the car. He buckles me into the front passenger seat. Then we are speeding off. Noah holds my still cuffed hand as we head home. I am so thankful to be safe with Noah. I am still in my dress from the dance. I know my mascara is running down my face. But I just hold his hand and let myself cry.

I see my Mom's car as we pull up to his house. Noah picks me up once again and carries me inside as if I can't walk. I know he just wants to be close to me. When we get in the front door, there is a whirlwind of activity. My Mom and Dad rush over. I am covered in hugs, while still in Noah's arms.

He eventually puts me down on the couch and everyone comes into the living room. A few others from the pack are here as well. I fill everyone in on all the details. Noah doesn't let go of my hand. One of the men get large cutters to remove the cuffs from my wrists. Noah didn't want to hurt me by ripping them off.

I learn that everyone is safe. Chuck was pretty oblivious that Delilah didn't actually plan to get on the plane with him. He needs some serious therapy. He is currently in jail and being questioned by the police. I don't know if he is crazy enough to tell them about the whole werewolf thing. But one of our own is in the interrogation with him, so he can hopefully keep the divulging of secrets to a minimum.

Mom and Dad are very angry and freaked out about the situation. I am afraid they wont allow me to spend time with Noah, thinking that he is putting my life in danger. Then an amazing thing happens.

"Noah, I want to thank you for saving my daughter. Your connection to her enabled you to find her. And I appreciate your quick thinking and determination when she was taken." Dad tells him. I feel a huge sense of relief. "You are welcome. But you never have to thank me for taking care of Hope. She is my first priority and always will be." Then they give each other big manly hugs.

"Delilah told us everything that happened. How Noah sensed your distress and even picked up Chucks distorted scent outside the dance." Mom tells me. "I never should have gone outside." I confess. "Oh sweetie, this is not your fault. He was crazy. Don't blame yourself for doing something so normal." Mom reassures me.

I was having a hard time staying awake. I glanced at the clock and realized it was 4:00 in the morning. No wonder I was exhausted. But I didn't want to leave Noah's lap. I had been sitting comfortably in his arms the entire time. Every once in a while he would place a chaste kiss on the top of my head as we all talked.

"I can see you are tired baby girl. Mom and I will go and let you get some rest." I was surprised he wasn't insisting I come home tonight. I was also very thankful. I didn't want to leave Noah's side. After giving me longs hugs, they left. Noah once again picked me up and carried me upstairs. "You know my legs are working fine." "I know, I just want you in my arms."

He brings me into his room instead of mine. I use his bathroom and put on one of his big shirts and climb into bed. He spoons me and I fall sleep listening to his whispered "I love you."

The next morning, I don't wake until it's almost noon. There is a plate of food on the night stand next to me. And Noah is awake with an empty plate on his side. I guess I slept right through breakfast. "Good morning love. How are you feeling?" I try to notice if I have any discomfort. My wrists hurt a little, but not much. Werewolf healing. "I'm fine actually." I tell him.

"Good, now have some breakfast. You must be starving." He reaches across me and places my plate on my lap. I thank him with a quick kiss and then dig in. I really am starving. The food is cold but delicious.

"Your parents called and checked in on you this morning. I let them know you were sleeping peacefully and I didn't sense any distress from you." "Oh, thank you." I told him between mouthfuls of crispy bacon.

Noah coddled me all afternoon. Then we went for a run together. We had dinner with his family. They filled me in on details of last night that I didn't know.

We heard from the police that Chuck would definitely be spending a very long time in jail. He had other warrants out for his arrest. They also found lots of incriminating evidence at the apartment. Surveillance of me and Delilah. As well as all the weird concoctions he created to block my senses and mask my smell. Although the police don't understand what those drugs did, they sent them to a lab somewhere to evaluate.

After dinner, Noah and I went out to the back yard together to talk. He held me close as we sat on a bench looking up at the stars. It was beautiful. "I decided to quit my job." Noah told me suddenly.