Chapter 40

Noah

I reluctantly leave Hope at her house. Our first kiss was more than I could have ever dreamed. I immediately sensed more of her emotions. And they were clearly exactly like mine, in that moment. I didn't know the electricity between us would increase that much more as well. It was insane, and amazing.

Just the thought of her being away from me is making my wolf go wild. I am trying my best to soothe his instinct to drive back to her house immediately. I'm sure that I won't be sleeping much tonight. I will try to wait as long as possible to go to her. It's already one in the morning, and I have to go back to work tomorrow. I suggested she spend at least one more day out of school in order to bond with her wolf and try to gain better control of her. I will come over at lunch time to calm her down. I hope I don't arrive to a similar scene as hours ago. The thought of her suffering is making me ache.

I text her before heading to bed and reassure her that I will come later to sleep with her wolf outside. I respond to a few emails from the pack and a couple from parents of students. I am falling behind on my work. It's hard to concentrate on anything other than my mate right now.

I finally get a couple of hours of sleep before my wolf just wont let me stay away any longer. I hope that the longer he spends with Hope's wolf, the calmer he will be when we can't see her. Since she won't be living with us, I will have to make the best of the situation.

I decide to get ready for school and take my car to her house so I can go straight from her house to work. I will try to spend every last minute with her. When I pull up to her house, I sense that she is already in the backyard.

She is in wolf form and runs to greet me. She is jumping and playful. I rub her head and run my hands through her fur. "I know love, I couldn't wait much longer myself. Let's get some sleep." I change into my wolf form and let him sniff her and nuzzle her neck before we head over to the blanket and lay down.

She falls asleep almost instantly after my body and tail have fully wrapped around her small wolf. Just her scent calms my nerves and helps me fall peacefully asleep myself.

I wake to the sound of the back door opening. I was hoping to be gone before her parents saw me. "Well, this is kind of precious." Her Mom says quietly. I lift my head to nod a greeting. She comes over and I uncurl myself a little so she can pet Hope's wolf. "I know she needs this. I thought this was why our blanket was out here. I will fix a little breakfast so you can eat on the way to school. I don't suggest you stay more than 20 more minutes. Her Dad just got in the shower. I nod in agreement.

I nudge Hope awake. She must not have gotten any sleep last night until I arrived. She yawns and then licks my muzzle. I give her one back. Then I stand and turn back into my human form. "Your Dad will be down soon, so I should go. Your Mom is making us some breakfast." She changes into her human form and looks panicked. "It's okay, she's fine with it."

We go inside and I grab the avocado toast and thank her profusely for the food and for being so understanding. "I understand the pain. I'm sure it's even more intense for you, since your wolves are amplifying the need to be together. Just be careful." She implores.

Hope and I say our goodbyes. I want so badly to kiss her again, but now is not the time. "I will see you at lunch time love. Just keep reminding your wolf of that. She will start to understand that I am coming back." "Noah, thank you for coming. And for looking for me in the woods last night. I kind of lost it. But I'm feeling a little better about the situation today." "I'm so glad. I love you." I tell her as I rush out the door before her Dad sees me.

I'm not happy to be at work again without Hope here. I overhear one of the girls, who is always gossiping about Hope, tell her friend that it's no coincidence that both Hope and I were absent Friday and yesterday afternoon. I really don't need this right now. And she better not say anything to Hope. I let my brothers know about the rumor and to be proactive about dispelling it.

At lunch, I can't get over to Hopes fast enough. I can sense her parents are both gone. I let me self in like she told me to earlier. She is in the living room on the couch. She looks sleepy, but not in tears like yesterday. I walk over and kneel down in front of her. Kissing her on the forehead. "What time is it?" She asks groggily. "Just after noon." "Wow, I slept that whole time. I just kept saying over and over that you would be back soon. My wolf was calm and I was able to fall asleep."

"That's great progress! Would you like some lunch? I can fix you something." I tell her. "Oh, goodness no! All I want to do is hold you and kiss you until you have to go back to work." She says as she puts her arms around my neck and pulls me close to her.

"That works for me." I tell her before I meet her soft full lips with mine. I kiss her deeply and passionately for a few minutes. Then I scatter kisses across her jaw, over to her ear, then down her neck to the spot where I will soon mark her. I inhale a deep breath of her delicious scent. I feel her shiver. I lick her right on the spot I am most interested in. She in turn gives me a satisfying moan. I graze my teeth along the long column of her neck. Then I pull away, knowing that I need to control myself. "Do it." She says in a gravely voice that makes my wolf howl in my head.