Chapter 16

Hope

Did I hear that right? My Father was her teacher? Okay, I need to process this. Her teacher was her Soul Mate. They dated. They marked each other as theirs. And they got pregnant with me. How did they manage that, without anyone finding out? That must have been crazy. I need to take some pointers from Mom. Lol.

"What?" I asked. "We can talk about that later sweetie. I will tell you everything. I promise. You need to know what you are up against." She assured me. Alright. This is very strange. I don't think Dad is going to be as accepting as Mom. And I'm also younger than she was. Not by much though.

"Hope, Soul Mates are bound to each other, no matter the obstacles. Our people don't let things like that stand in our way. We are on your side one hundred percent. Don't worry. We will help you with all the logistics. You need to spend time together as much as possible for your health. Also, you need to know what to expect when you turn 18. There will be some significant changes." Delilah tells me. What kind of changes I wonder? I just stare at her in confusion. "We will talk about that later too."  She says, patting my hand. But I need to know now. This is my life we are talking about.

Everyone goes on eating. I look at Noah. He has stopped eating too. He is looking at me in understanding. He just nods his head. Now I feel anxious. "Hope, would you like to take a walk?" Hw asks. "Yes, please." I reply. Him and I head out to the back. It's so peaceful out here. I wish I could hold Noah's hand. He almost grabbed mine. But he caught himself again and pulled back. He's killing me with this.

"There is more you need to know Hope. Your Father was like my people. He was one of us. But your Mom wasn't. She didn't know anything about our ways. She didn't know what we are. She still doesn't. Your Father asked her to be his, but he hadn't explained everything that entailed or how her life would change. I want to make sure you know everything." He told me. I nodded, wanting him to continue.  "You are one of us. You are Raiden's daughter, so you inherited his DNA and his genes. Even if you hadn't met me, you would still be going through some big changes when you turn 18." He paused for me to absorb that. I was still very confused. "Hope, my people, our people", he corrected, "are werewolves'."

Dun dun dun!! Have a great day everyone. Short but sweet chapter. Have a great day everyone!