Chapter 28

Noah

"Thank you everyone for coming. I am so honored to welcome my Mate, and your Luna to our pack tonight. Over the next few weeks, we will be training her. I hope that some of you can participate in helping with that. She will be 18 very soon and will undergo the change. I would like to invite you all to attend her transformation. It will be a day of celebration!" Those gathered applaud and cheer. "Because she has been unfamiliar with our customs her entire life, I would appreciate if you continue to honor her by showing her consideration and understanding as her life changes drastically.  I know that she will be an unbelievably caring and devoted Luna."

"Our union ceremony date is yet to be determined. I know this is unusual for an Alpha to not claim his Luna right away, but extenuating circumstances have changed things a little in our case. You may not know that Hope is currently one of my students. If this becomes a problem, I will have to consider my options." I notice a couple of surprised faces.  "Our people would never allow human laws to interfere with one of our most sacred customs.  But let me assure you, nothing is going to stand in the way of our destiny. It may just postpone it temporarily." I add with a bit of humor in my tone.  Our friends let out a cheer and more clapping. I hope no one insists that I mark her immediately, as is our tradition.

Hope looks a little nervous. I should have spoken to her about making this information public. I forget that she doesnt consider our pack family yet, as I do. I take her hand and she seems to calm just a bit. People approach us and give us their best wishes and hugs as they leave. The women are fussing over her. Its been so long since they had a young female shifter in the pack. Especially one who will soon be their Luna. I notice they hold her in high regard, and I am proud.

When everyone is gone, we settle down on the couch with our families. "Hope, you did a wonderful job tonight with all the attention. Im so proud of you." Her Dad tells her. "Thanks Dad. I was so nervous. But they really made me feel welcome.  Im glad we did this." She looks at me and takes my hand. I give her a warm smile. "Everyone loved you Hope, just like we do." My Mom tells her.  "Thank you Delilah."

"Well, its getting late, we should probably head home." Tempest suggests.  "Can I please stay one more night? Im already exhausted. I dont know if I can handle the separation very well right now." Hope asks sincerely. Her parents look at one another and then her Dad nods his head.  "I suppose one more night wont hurt. You do need your rest for school tomorrow princess." He kisses her on the cheek, and she hugs him with relief.

We chat for just a little bit longer about the people she met tonight. I fill her in on some details about them. Hope is clearly tired. I pick her up off the couch and carry her upstairs to her room. She giggles and puts her face into my neck, taking in my scent. I try to stifle a content growl. I set her down on her bed and kneel in front of her. "I cant wait until you transition. I want to see your wolf. And I want to mark you." I tell her as I lean into her neck now. "You havent told me much about that part yet. Im curious."  "Soon love. I will tell you everything. Its time for you to rest. We will start training after school tomorrow." I remind her. I hear a little irritated groan from her. "We will start off easy. Dont worry."

I give her one more hug and head to my room with a quick goodnight before I decide to sleep on her floor like a lovesick pup. I can hear her in her room. Getting ready for bed. Brushing her teeth and hair. Then getting under the covers. My wolf settles down when I know her breath is evening out and she is asleep. I stay awake for a while thinking about all the love from my pack. They were truly happy for us. They accepted her immediately. Not that I thought they wouldnt. Its just reassuring to know they are pleased with their Luna.

In the morning, I get up a little early to make her breakfast. I bring it into her room around the time I know she has to get up. I make sure to knock first instead of heading right in like I want to. I hear a muffled come in. When I enter, I just see her curls peaking out of the covers. She is fully submerged under the covers. Its so cute. I just want to get in there with her and snuggle for the rest of the day. "I have breakfast." I say quietly. I see the comforter slowly come down to show her beautiful smiling face. "You are too sweet Noah. Thank you."

I sit down next to her and we eat together. I made a lot. I know she will need it today for the training. I even packed her and I a big lunch. "I slept so soundly last night. I was exhausted." She tells me as she picks up some bacon and begins to nibble. Then she moans and takes great big bites. "Delicious!" I laugh at her insatiable hunger. I love it.

I sadly leave her to get dressed for school. The twins are thankfully ready on time and we drive together. I tell her I love her after the boys get out of the car. I regretfully let go of her hand so she can get out. "I wish I didnt have to leave you." She tells me. "I know love, but I will see you throughout the day.  You got this."

We start walking toward the school and I notice some girls from her class looking our way. I hope they dont try to start any rumors. We dont need that. I should have been paying more attention. I forgot to have her sit in the backseat and walk with the twins. Im definitely letting my guard down lately. I decide to walk ahead a little faster to make it less obvious that we were coming in together. I hear two of the girls whispering. "Did you see them pull up together? Whats that about?  I heard shes seeing one of the twins. But maybe they are all sharing."  The other girl responds. I cant help it when my steps falter. The need to correct her is strong. But I shouldnt be able to hear their gossip from this distance. I just give her a searing look and keep walking. Thankfully Hope decided to slow her pace and she is still a little bit behind me. I really hope she didnt hear that.

The rest of the day continues on torturously slow. Thankfully, I get to see Hope during two classes and lunch. I havent been away from her this much since Friday. Saturday, we touched for the first time. I can tell the bond has gotten stronger since then. I honestly didnt think it would affect me this much. I feel like crap today when she isnt around. I hope she doesnt feel just as bad, but I know she does. I tell the boys to keep an extra eye on her and I let them know about the gossipy girls.

When they get to my room at lunch, I can tell she is exhausted and in pain. She locks the door quickly and runs into my arms. I hold her close and bring her head to my chest. This is the first time I touched her since we left the car this morning. It feels like electricity is running up and down through my body. She moans at the sensation. "You too huh?" I ask.  She simply nods and runs her hands up and down my back. The feeling is amazing. It may even be stronger than when we first touched. That might just be my imagination. "I miss you so much." She tells me without letting go. "Me too love. Me too." I tell her as I rock her back and forth. "Can I sit on your lap while we eat?" She asks shyly. My smile gets even wider. "Every time."  I answer.