Chapter 13

Hope

I'm still reeling from all of the revelations tonight. Dad was pretty quiet on the way home. I don't know how he feels about learning Mom lost the love of her life. She came into my room and gave me a big hug. I didn't know what to say to ease her pain. I had no idea she went through all of that. Not long after getting home, I started feeling the headache come back. Am I having an allergic reaction to something in this house? Maybe there is mold in the walls.

I decide to get some fresh air on my balcony. I step out into the cool night. I take a deep breath. I swear I can smell Noah. It calms me. I should just stay out here tonight. Too bad it's winter. I look up at the beautiful moon. It's full tonight. I have always loved looking at the moon. I feel a sense of peace. My mind still won't settle. I can't stop thinking about the memory book Delilah has with photos of my biological father. I need to see them. I have always wanted to see what he looks like. I want to see where I got my curly hair, hazel eyes, and height. I don't look much like my Mom, and definitely not like my adopted Dad.

I eventually decide I need to go to sleep. I'm exhausted. Physically and emotionally. I dream of Noah. He approaches me in the woods. He opens his arms wide for me. I embrace him, finally. He's warm and comforting. I feel so safe. I'm at home here and truly happy. He begins to speak. I can feel the deep rumble since I am pressed against his chest. "I need you." He tells me. "I need you too."

When I wake in the morning, I only remember little snippets of my dream. I know it was good and it was about Noah because I feel happy. I wish I could hold onto the details. But they slipped quickly from my consciousness as soon as I woke up. When will I see him again? Will I have to wait until school tomorrow?

I smell food, so I throw on a robe and head downstairs. Mom and Dad are eating and talking at the breakfast table. I think Mom has today off. They greet me as I get some of the bacon and hash browns from the pan on the stove. I can't get a sense of the mood in the room yet. I take my time getting to the table. "Morning Princess." Dad says. "Good morning. Do we have any plans today?" I ask. "No, I guess we could finish unpacking the last few boxes." Mom suggests. So I guess we are going to ignore the elephant in the room. The huge one called my biological Father.

My Moms phone rings and she jumps up to get it. I hear her side of the conversation. "Sure, yes, we can do that...What time? Okay...See you then." She is quiet when she hangs up. Dad and I wait patiently. "Delilah would like us to come over and talk to her. She said she has some important things to tell us." No one says anything. "We should go in about an hour." She adds. "Would you prefer that the two of you go alone?" Dad asks. "No, I would like you there." She tells him. "Honey, are you sure you don't want a little privacy? I'm sure you feel a little uncomfortable discussing this in front of me." Dad suggests. Mom takes his hand in hers. Maybe I should give them some privacy. I grab my plate and head to my room to eat.

Mom comes in after a little while. "Dad wants us to have the freedom to discuss your Father without us feeling like we are hurting his feelings. Is that okay with you?" "Sure, that's fine. I just don't want him to think we don't want him with us." I tell her. "He doesn't. Don't worry. He loves us very much and he wants what's best for us." I nod my acceptance. "Can you be ready in an hour?" "Yep." I reply.

An hour later we are headed to Noah's house. Thank goodness. I wring my hands nervously in my lap. "Sweetie, I'm sorry I never told you anything about your Father. I just, I couldn't speak about him without completely falling apart. I know I did you, and him, a huge injustice by not telling you what an amazing man he was. He was thrilled that we were pregnant. He was a big, huge, strong man, and he broke down and cried when I told him. You were always wanted and loved." "That means more to me than you can imagine. Thank you for telling me. I hope you don't mind that I want to see the photos of him." I told her. "Oh no, not at all. I'm so glad they have some photos. I don't have any, and I have always regretted that. You should have seen your Father and known his name. He deserved better than that."

We soon arrived at the gate. Mom spoke to the man behind the camera this time and he once again showed us the way. "Did it look this nice years ago?" I asked. "It was similar, but different. I am sure their house is completely remodeled. I knew that I had been there before. I was simply confused. I wasn't putting two and two together."

Delilah opened the front door before we even stopped the car. She came out to us. When Mom got out, she immediately embraced her. I was happy to see them like that. I hope they can get over all of the repressed feelings. Mom is an amazing psychologist. I'm sure she has already analyzed the benefits of putting those fears behind her.

Noah was standing at the front door. I looked at him as soon as I caught his scent. I just stood still and took him in. Then I remember a piece of my dream. I was in his arms. I got a chill from the memory. I can't wait until it really happens. If it ever does. I realized Mom and Delilah were already headed toward the house. I followed soon after.

Noah hugged Mom. Then I stood in front of him. Waiting to see what he would do. I knew there wouldn't be a hug for me. But it still hurt. I didn't let him get out of it easily. I just stood there waiting. Mom and Delilah turned around, looking at us, to see what the hold up was. "Hope." Noah said with a nod. So formal and proper. "Noah." I remained there. "Please, come inside." He finally said and swept his hand out in a gesture to welcome me. I gave up and walked in. I noticed Delilah trying not to laugh. She knew what I was doing.

She had coffee and muffins on the coffee table for us. I sat down next to Mom. Noah next to his. "We asked you here to explain a few things about your Father Hope." Delilah told me. I was more than ready. "It may seem a little confusing. But please have an open mind." "Okay." I answered her. Mom took my hand. Is it going to be that bad? Was he a spy or something? Or maybe a gangster? No, that's ridiculous. He was a good guy. They made that very clear yesterday.

"Tempie, do you remember how you felt about Raiden when you first met him?" She asked. Mom nodded. "You were completely and utterly drawn to him. You couldn't help it. You had to be near him all the time. You felt sick when you guys were apart. Your mind wasn't clear." "Yes, I remember. It was completely consuming. He's all I could think about. When we were together, I felt complete. My mind and senses were clearer. I could breath again. First love is certainly powerful."

This sure sounds familiar. "Do you remember when the guys had to go away for the weekend? You stayed here with me and Noah? Do you remember how sick you got?" Delilah asked. "I couldn't forget that. It was awful. I thought I was dying. Must have been a really bad flu. It only lasted a couple days." Mom replied. "Do you remember the time you went back home during the winter break? You were gone for about four days." "Yeah, that was rough. My Mom actually brought me to the hospital on the third day. I couldn't eat or sleep. It was a miserable trip. Mom didn't want me to come back here. She didn't think I would make it on the plane without help. Worst vacation ever." Mom reminisced.

"How did you feel when Raiden met you at the airport?" asked Delilah. Where was she going with this? Mom thought about it for a moment. "I was so thrilled to be back. I ran straight into his arms." "Then you guys came over here for dinner. We had the best time eating and watching movies.  How did you feel then?" she asks. "I felt so much better. I ate like a horse. You always made the best mac and cheese."

"Tempie, I have to tell you something that you might not believe. You felt sick when you weren't with Raiden because the two of you shared a special connection. You and Raiden were meant to be together. You were destined to be together. He was your Soul Mate Tempie."

What do you think? Thank you for reading. Please vote if you are enjoying the story.