Chapter 33

Hope

I told him I was ready. I want this. The mate bond, the marking, all of it. I know that it will make our lives much more complicated. At school and with my Dad. Noah wants to be married, basically. I just turned 18 last night. But I know in my heart that I want to be with this man forever. Nothing will change my mind about that. So why wait? I would become the official Luna of the pack. I don't honestly know if I'm ready for that yet. I think Delilah would help me. But what about college?

I have so many thoughts swirling through my mind. But then Noah looks me in the eyes and takes my hand in his. I feel the affection, the devotion. He will help me. He will make sure I can do anything and everything I want with my education. I no longer have any concerns.

"Hope, I want you near me every moment of every day, now and forever. But I want to make sure you can handle everything first. Let's talk to your parents when they come over, alright?" "That sounds like a good idea." I concede.

We sit and talk about my wolf for a while. I still have lots of questions. "Can I talk to her?" "Yes, you can communicate with her. She is new to this, just like you. So give it time. When you think, direct specific thoughts just to her, it will start to create a relationship between the two of you. She is probably exhausted as well." That makes sense.

"Can she decide to make me change into my wolf against my will?" "Now, that's a good question. If you are in immediate danger, she can force the transformation in order to protect you both. But as you get stronger, you can prevent that from happening. You wouldn't want to change into your wolf if you get into a car accident for example. That would put you in more danger."

"Will it hurt when you bite me?" This is the question I have been wondering for a while now. But I was too nervous to ask. "It will hurt a little bit, at first. But then, you will feel the tingles, just like when we touch. Then some of my strength will enter you. It will be like a little infusion of power. And as the Alpha, I have more than most wolves. And as the Luna, you will need extra strength as well. You will feel this power momentarily, and then you will sleep." Alright, that is better than I thought. I didn't know about the power thing. I'm glad we are having this conversation. He is right, we did need to discuss this before it happened.

"You will also have to learn to block your thoughts from us." I had definitely not thought about that. "Are you serious? You guys will hear all my thoughts?" "No, no, relax." He tells me as he rubs my back. "Only thoughts that are directed at us can be heard by us. But you don't know how to direct your thoughts yet. So the best thing to do at first is to learn to block them. Then you can learn to direct them effectively." Oh thank God. Sounds like we have a lot of work to do.

"For now, just think about the benefits. We will never have to talk on the phone ever again. We can contact each other any time, any where. You can tell me if you are ever in danger." He says with a smile. He puts his finger under my chin and raises my eyes up to look at his. "You can tell me you love me right in the middle of class." He says with a wide grin. I can't help but laugh.

After more questions, and lunch, Mom and Dad come over. I'm excited to show them my beautiful wolf. I love my wolf form. She is sleek and shiny. I'm proud of how she looks. We are all now sitting in the back yard. We gave them every detail about the previous night. I may have downplayed the pain just for their sake. They both asked so many questions and were really happy for me. I was so glad to have such supportive parents. They could have decided I was a freak. But they are here, accepting that I was something so different. Accepting that my Soul Mate is my teacher. I couldn't ask for anything more.

I walk over to the grassy area and imagine myself as a wolf. With just a little pain, I am transformed. I hear my Mom take a gasping breath. Is that good or bad? "She is gorgeous! Look at her!" Oh thank goodness. Mom comes over right away and kneels down in front of me. She runs her hands through my fur. Then she hugs me around my neck. "So beautiful Hope." She whispers to me. I decide to lick her on the cheek. She laughs and wipes her face off. Dad comes over and pets me as well. "This is incredible."

Noah transforms and the two of us go for a run. I imagine we are going to be doing a lot of that now. It's so freeing. I can tell my wolf loves it. "This is amazing" I think towards her, hoping that she will respond. I don't hear anything. But I feel a surge of happiness. That is good for now. Noah and I run and play for about an hour. I cant communicate with him yet, so I watch him carefully to make sure I don't run anywhere I shouldn't. I follow him back to the house. I guess it's time to go back to the real world.

Inside, everyone is sitting around laughing and talking about wolf things. I love that my parents want to know all about this world that I am now part of. Noah and I sit down with them and join the conversation. "So what happens now that you have transformed?" Mom asks.