Chapter 27

Hope

Today I will meet the rest of Noahs pack. Im nervous but excited. After breakfast, Delilah and I pick up Mom and we head to the mall to find a dress for tonight and some better fitting undergarments. I tell them all about our first date. They are both shooting me questions like teenage girls. They are cute together. I can tell they were best friends by their interactions.  I tell them that Noah finally held my hand and how amazing it felt.

After shopping, talking and eating, I finally have my dress. Its form fitting but modest and covers me well enough for me to feel comfortable.  Its a bluish green that reminds me of Noahs eyes.  Mom was almost in tears when I came out of the dressing room with it on. "Thats the one." She told me with certainty. I knew she was right. Delilah agreed.

Back at Noahs house, there was a lot to do for tonight. Delilah and Mom started cooking right away. It seems she had this planned out already and had all the ingredients in the fridge and pantry.  I helped as much as I could until they told me to go get ready. I felt bad leaving them with all the work. But Delilah assured me they had it covered. I hadnt seen Noah or sensed him nearby, so I assumed he was out of the house taking care of other business.

My nerves were all over the place as I finished up my make up. Mom came into my room and helped me smooth down some of the curls. "You are so beautiful Hope. I see so much of your Father in you. I know I never told you that.  Im so sorry I kept his memory from you."  I looked at Mom and shook my head. "Its alright. I understand you must have felt his loss in an unimaginable way. I have only spent half a day away from Noah, and I feel almost sick to my stomach."  She pulls me close and we hold each other for a moment. She pulls back and looks me in the eyes. "I know that Noah will take good care of you sweetie.  And I know you love each other. I just hope you will be safe."  "Mom, dont worry. They told me that what happened to my Father was very out of the ordinary. Nothing like that is going to happen again."

After an emotional hug, Mom put on a dress she had brought with her. She told me Dad would be attending as well. That made me feel good that he was being included. I sensed the moment Noah entered the house. I took a deep breath and felt a sense of calm come over me. Mom noticed my body relax and she gave me a big smile. "I take it Noah is back?" Yes, finally. I can calm down now. I heard him climb the stairs. Mom made her way out the door and sent me an understanding smile as she left

I heard them greet each other in the hallway and then Noah knocked on my door. "Come in." He entered with a great big smile on his face. He walked quickly to me and took me in his arms. He nuzzled his nose into my neck and took a deep breath.  "You look absolutely beautiful." He told me after holding me at arms length and looking at me more closely. "You clean up nicely too Mr. Kingston."  I told him while a slight blush covered my cheeks from his perusal. He had on a tailored suit that fit his muscled arms and shoulders perfectly. He wore a tie that matched my dress. Delilah must be responsible for that one.

"I cant wait to introduce you to our family and friends. They will love you."  He took my hand and brought it up to his lips for a kiss. His eyes sparkled with excitement for the night ahead. He led me out of my room and down the stairs. I felt like a princess going to the ball. But it was not anything that formal thankfully. He just made me feel special.

I could hear the excited chatter downstairs. People were in the living room and kitchen. I spotted my Dad, and he gave me a great big smile when I entered the room. Noah walked me over in front of the fireplace in the living room. "Can I have everyones attention?"  Noah spoke. Immediately it was quiet, and more people came into the room. There were probably about 20-25 people including my family. Most of them appeared to be in their 30s. But I knew that many were older. Noah nodded toward his mom and she came to stand beside me. Another man I hadnt met yet stepped beside Noah. This must be Knox, the man who helped him lead their pack.

"Thank you all for coming tonight. It is a very special occasion. I have been waiting and hoping for this moment for a few years now. I was afraid the day would never come that I found my Soul Mate. But she found me.  I am proud and honored to introduced you to your soon to be Luna, Hope Christianson, daughter of Beta Raiden Remington and Tempest. Her Dad, Asher Christianson, has also joined us. He helped Tempest raise an intelligent and caring woman. I would like you to give him your respect as a trusted human among our pack."  Noah nodded kindly to my Dad who noded his head to everyone. I could tell he was a little nervous but also proud to be included. Everyone burst out in applause. 

A line of people formed in front of me. I was greeted with hugs and kinds words from everyone. They all addressed me as Luna Hope. It was a little overwhelming. But I also felt very welcome. These people accepted me into their family. And I was so happy. Noah stood proudly by my side as he was embraced and congratulated just as I was. He made sure to tell me just a tidbit of information about each person. Their position in the pack, or their job outside of here. I could tell that these people truly respected and cared for Noah. That ensured that I would care about them.

After I had met all in attendance, Noah invited everyone into the Kitchen to eat. There was a huge buffet set up.  I noticed a large amount of meat. Everyone piled their plates high. I wasnt self-conscious to take a huge plate of food myself.  It was delicious as usual. We laughed and talked late into the evening. I had lost my anxious nervousness long ago and was able to truly enjoy the evening. I could tell Dad and Mom were having a good time as well. Mom saw some old friends who welcomed her back like she had never left. I know she was nervous that they wouldnt be as understanding as Delilah. But it seems she worried for nothing.

As the evening was getting late, Noah told me he was going to make some announcements before everyone left. I had no idea what he was going to say. I was nervous as he took my hand and walked to the front of the room once again.