Chapter 42

Noah

Hope looked like she was freaking out. I hope she makes it to the forest before she changes. The twins are following her out just in case. I'm not exactly sure what happened. But I sensed her need to be near me. I constantly feel the same way, but I have much more control over my wolf.

I see her again at lunch. She holds me close as soon as she enters the room. She is sniffing me and putting her head in my neck. I reach behind her and lock the door since she forgot. She starts kissing my neck and she is kind of purring a little bit. That's new.

"What happened earlier?" I ask, trying to change the mood. I don't want to accidently mark her right here in my classroom. She stops nuzzling me and seems to pull herself together. "Oh, yes, well, my wolf, she was urging me to go to you and she was getting desperate. I was able to hold off the shift until I got into the forest. The boys were there. I changed back after telling her many times that we would see you at lunch. That's why I kind of, um, attacked you just now." She told me shyly.

I placed my hand on her red cheek. "Don't be embarrassed. My wolf was howling at me as soon as you walked in the room. Trust me, it's not just you." Then I gave her a little peck on the lips. "Where are the boys?" I asked. "They said they were going to give us some alone time today." she told me.

I sat down at my desk and she sat on my lap while we ate our lunches. She told me all about her first day back. Sounds like she has been hearing some of the gossip. I wish I could protect her from all of that, but I can't.

After school we went to my house and she ate dinner with my family like we used to. We also did a little training and she joined my brothers and I for a run. It was so awesome to run with my mate. I took her home that night and promised to come back later to sleep outside. It was a working solution to our problem. I wish she could just stay at my house, but that would have to wait.

The rest of the week went pretty much the same. But her wolf accepted the fact that she couldn't be near me during class. The two of them were able to communicate and come to an understanding. That was making her life just a little bit easier.

Friday came and Hope had her things with her to stay at my house for the weekend. I was going to mark her tonight and I couldn't wait. I had everything planned. I am going to cook her a romantic dinner. Mom and the twins are going to go out to eat and then to a movie. I was anxious for school to end. I could sense Hope was too. She kept looking at me during class and blushing. It was adorable. But not good if anyone else noticed. I tried to keep my eyes off of her. But they kept going back to my beautiful mate.

I practically ran to the car after school. The twins were laughing at me and teasing me through the mind link. "Slow down Romeo." I just laughed back. I was in too good of a mood to be irritated with them. Hope sat in the back seat, nervously tapping her foot. She didn't say a thing. She was probably trying to calm her wolf. I was trying to do the same.

At home, I opened her door and helped her out of the car. I took her in my arms as soon as she was out. I gave her a chaste kiss and we headed inside. Mom greeted us in the kitchen and after hugging Hope, they all left. Alone at last. "How about a little run before I make dinner?" I suggested. I thought it might help us relax a bit.

She agreed and we ran for about an hour. Our wolves were very happy to be together. I was playfully nipping at her tail. She would get down like she was going to pounce and then wiggle her back end. It was adorable.

Back at home I made her relax in the kitchen while I cooked. I didn't want her to do anything. This was a special night. She kept trying to help, but I put on some music and told her to just enjoy the evening. We talked and laughed while I made our meal. Rib eye steaks, Caesar salad and scalloped potatoes.

Then it was time. I was ready to mark her. I was actually nervous. What if I hurt her? What if she changes her mind? What if I lose control of my wolf? Hope took my hand and walked me to my room. She didn't say anything. She was calm and determined. She sat me down on the end of my bed. "Relax Noah. This is what we have been waiting for all along. I'm not afraid. Just let it happen." She told me calmly.

I pulled her down onto my lap and kissed her. I was gentle and slow. Then I moved her hair away from her neck. I licked the spot where I was going to bite. She shivered. I could smell her excitement. I had my nose in the crook of her neck. Goose bumps pop up all over her neck. I smile and she giggles slightly. "I love you so much Hope." Our hearts are both beating faster. "I love you too Noah." She tells me as she runs her fingers through my hair. I place my teeth right on the spot that is most alluring. She hums in approval. Then I slowly sink my teeth into her.