Chapter 29

Hope

Today was tough. The separation sickness is definitely getting worse. The closer we get, the more the bond increases. Just moments away from him and I am dizzy and nauseous.  I cant wait for my transition so we can complete this mate bond. I need to ask Noah about the details. Im not sure I understand what happens next.

I also hear some whispering about me and Noah. That is definitely not good. I need to be more careful. I mentioned it to Zander, and he suggests putting his arm around my shoulders when walking me to my classes. I agree that its a good idea. Give them something else to gossip about and divert attention away from Noah.  I need to tell Noah so he doesnt get jealous. Im certain he trusts his brothers, but the bond intensifies his protective instincts right now. I realize how I would feel if I saw Noah wrapped around any other female at this delicate time.

After reluctantly leaving Noahs embrace through all of lunch, I feel needy and sad in my next class. "Do you think she is seeing them both?" I hear a few rows back. I roll my eyes and try to ignore it. "I thought she was with the twins, not Mr. Kingston too!"  The other girl murmurs a little too loudly. I want to turn around and shut them up. But I stay calmly in my seat. This werewolf hearing is no joke. I havent even transitioned yet. My hormones are raging, my senses are on overload and my pain tolerance is just about at its limit. I look at the clock for the 10th time in five minutes. I try to tune them out and pay attention to the teacher.

When this agonizing day finally ends, Noah locks his classroom door and I melt into his embrace. The tingles are not only energizing, but healing. I can endure a little longer, I think to myself. "Finally."  Noah says after a few moments of bliss. "Seriously, I thought I would die before I got to hold you again."  I say.  "Have you been in a lot of pain?" He askes concerned. "Its just uncomfortable." I try to reassure him. "Well, I was more than uncomfortable Hope. I know you have to be even worse. I wanted to run out of this classroom and grab you out of your History class." He puts his hands on my cheeks and looks me right in the eyes. "Okay, yeah, it was pretty bad today. Maybe I shouldnt have pushed the touching thing."  He brings me back into his chest and holds me close again. "But this feeling makes it so worth it."  He reminds me.

We hear a knock on the door and Zade talking with Zander outside. Noah opens up and we walk to the car. Zander throws his arm around me as we walk. I hear a deep growl from Noah. I forgot to mention the plan. I looked with wide eyes at Zander. "I will tell him right now." Zander says. I know they are going to speak through their mind link.  By the time we make it to the car, I notice Noahs shoulders relax a bit. I get into the back seat with Zander instead of the front.  There are lots of students hanging out by their cars. We need to be more discrete.

"If anyone even mentions Hope, you guys better speak up for her."  Noah grumbles the moment all the doors close. "Dont worry brother, we got this."  Zade says casually. His relaxed demeanor is a nice thing right now.  Hopefully, it can calm Noah. "Alright, thanks guys. Sorry about that."  He glances back at me to see if Im okay.

Today I start my training. Im nervous and eager to get started. I enjoy working out.  "So, what will we start with in training?"  I ask, trying to get Noahs mind off the gossip. "Just some basic stuff today. I need to see how strong you are. How much you can take. I dont want you too sore."  When we get to their house, there is a spread of food waiting. We all dive in right away. "You need a lot of protein when you work out Hope."  Delilah tells me.  "No complaints here."  I mumble as I eat a steak taco.

Training is not as fun or easy as Noah made it sound. After 2 hours, Im completely wiped out. The boys haven't even broken a sweat. The two younger guys from school joined us. Even they are breezing through it like its nothing. I feel like a complete failure. "Hope dont give up. This is just the first day."  Noah reminds me while I sit on the ground panting. I look up at him, and he looks so confident. I put out my hand and he pulls me up. When he wraps his arms around me, I feel a small surge of energy, and I know I can go on a little longer. 

After another hour of running and stretching, we go back to the kitchen for more food. I am so thankful for Delilah at this moment. Noah tells her how he thinks I did. He sounds more confident in my abilities than I do. But I appreciate the assurance.

Noah drives me home at around ten. I dont want to get out of the car. I hold his hand tightly. "I will run over here in a few hours and sit outside."  "I hate for you to give up sleep for me."  I insist. "I am doing this for me too Hope. I need you just as much as you need me."  He runs a finger down my cheek. I close my eyes and enjoy the tingle it leaves behind. "I love you so much."  He tells me.  "I love you too. We can handle this."