Chapter 41

Hope

I want Noah to mark me so badly. My wolf is loosing it. He stops kissing and licking my neck and looks directly at me. "I'm sorry love, we can't right now. I have to go back to work. And when I mark you, I want to spend the entire day with you. It's a very intimate moment that I don't plan to rush through. Our emotions and bond will be heightened. I won't be able to leave your side for some time after the marking."

I am embarrassed that I was so forward with him. My cheeks are on fire and I try to look away. He won't allow it. He cups my cheeks and ensures that I am still looking directly at him. "Don't be shy my love. I am thrilled that you want my mark as much as I want to give it to you. Trust me, it's taking all of my strength not to sink my teeth into your beautiful neck right now and make you mine." A shiver runs up my spine with his confession.

"I wish I could stay, but I have to go back. I can't miss another day. It's already suspicious." "What do you mean suspicious?" I ask. "Oh, nothing really. I just don't want people to connect your absence with mine." He says hesitantly. I don't like that idea at all. He kisses me on the nose and heads to the front door. "I'll miss you. But I will come back right after school. Then we can run together and calm your wolf." He promises. I follow him to the door. "I can't wait." He embraces me again. I can feel his hesitance to let me go.

Once he leaves, I continue to remind my wolf that he will return. It seems to appease her slightly. I try to catch up on some of my school work. The teachers emailed me my missed assignments. Thankfully I brought my books home over the weekend. This keeps my mind preoccupied until Noah returns.

When I sense he is back, I race downstairs and practically throw myself at him when he enters the living room. He twirls me around and laughs with me. I can't resist kissing him again after he puts me down. "While I would like to do that the rest of the day, I know your wolf want's to spend some time with mine. So let's give them their fun."

We go out the back and run into the woods. We really do have fun chasing and playing with each other. Our wolves enjoy the simple things. They don't seem to carry the stresses of life when we let them just explore and take over. It's beautiful. I feel free.

Back home, Mom and Dad are both there. Mom has dinner cooking. She invites us to sit with her in the kitchen. "So how are you feeling today Hope?" she asks. "Better than yesterday. I think my wolf realizes that Noah will come back to us. She is much calmer." "I'm so glad. Do you think you can go back to school?" "Yeah, I think I'm ready. She hasn't forced a shift since yesterday."

We all eat dinner together. Dad doesn't say much. But Noah decides to give him an important update just as we are all finishing. "I would like to mark Hope this weekend. And I will need her to stay with me and my family until Sunday to ensure her emotional wellbeing." "What does that mean? Is it dangerous?" Dad asks with concern in his voice. "No Sir, not at all. I mean that the marking entails a mental bond that allows us to speak telepathically and also creates an emotional bond between our wolves. We need to be together in order to help Hope learn how to share thoughts and emotions as well as block them. It takes a little time to learn. I can't simply mark her and leave her to figure it out all alone." He assures him.

Dad looks relieved. What Noah didn't mention is that it's extremely intimate and he wants me all to himself for a couple of days. But his reason for Dad is also true. I try to keep myself from blushing, just thinking about it. "Alright, I understand." Dad tells Noah.

Noah leaves with a cordial goodbye for my Dad and a hug for my Mom. I get a little longer goodbye at the door once my parents leave the room. Not the lingering kiss I wanted, but a much more discreet one. I can't wait to spend the weekend at his house. "Be patient my love." He tells me as he kisses my forehead.

That night he returns around midnight and we sleep outside on the blanket in our wolf forms until the sun starts to rise. I return to my lonely bed and sleep a while longer before having to get ready for school.

Noah and the boys pick me up as usual and we head to school. I'm nervous that I will suddenly change into my wolf at school. Noah can sense my unease, even though I'm in the back seat. "You will do just fine Hope. But if you start to panic, run to my car, or straight to the woods. The twins will be looking out for you too. I think you have control of her now. Have you changed against your will since the first day we were apart?" "No, I haven't. You're right, I can do this." I admit.

I didn't realize how much sharper my senses were until we entered the school. My hearing was crazy. And the smells were so much stronger. Girls perfume, some guys body odor, so many shoes, the breakfast in the cafeteria. It was all a sensory overload. I had to walk back outside for a minute to pull myself together. The twins followed. "You alright?" Zander asks. "Yeah, just all the sounds and smells." I reassure him. "Oh, we remember. It sucked for a few days. You will get used to it. Try to block it all out if possible. Concentrate on just the things you want. Search for Noah's smell or his voice. You should be able to pinpoint it if you try."

I try that. I can pick up where Noah walked by here and headed to his classroom a few minutes ago. I concentrate on that scent. The others seem to diminish a bit as his intensifies. "Thank you guys, that helped a lot." We head to class. I try to ignore the stares. I know people wonder why I was gone. They need to mind their own business.

"Hope looks hot today." I hear a guy whisper to his buddy after we pass. I try not to turn around and give him a dirty look. "I bet she had some work done." I hear one of the stuck up girls say as I enter the classroom. She's looking right at me. I put my head down and go to my desk. "I missed you girl. But it was worth the wait. You look freaking hot." Wink guy says. I should know his name by now. But I really don't care. I try to act like I didn't even hear him.

I forgot that my transformation did kick up my looks a bit. My skin is smoother and almost glistening. But I'm wearing no make up at all. My hair is a little thicker and shiny. And these new curves are kind of noticeable. I'm wearing new clothes since I didn't fit the old ones. I wish I had worn a big hoodie. I don't like all this attention.

When I walk into Noah's classroom, I see his eyes dilate when he looks at me. He smiles but wipes it away quickly. I blush and take a deep inhale of his masculine scent. It fills me with comfort, love, and something I don't need to think about right now, passion. I take my seat and try to ignore my wolf urging me to go to him. I hadn't thought about this. She doesn't understand that we have to keep our distance. She is starting to go crazy. "Soon", I tell her in my mind over and over again. I look up at Noah and he can see the fear on my face. He nods at the classroom door and I run out before I change right here in front of the whole class.