ーeleven : relief

"HAPPY FIVE MONTHS IN THE PROTOCOL, (Y/N)!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!" Raze's loud scream echoed in the room. The lights were turned on and some party poppers were activated. There were people from the headquarters and also unfamiliar faces. Were you already 5 months in the Valorant Protocol?

You gasped and put a hand on your chest. You sighed in relief. "What in the world..." The suffocation now disappeared and was replaced by joy. Did they take the time to gather all the agents here just to have a party? This was all too touching.

"LET'S START THIS PARTYYYYYY!!" Raze screams and jumps in joy. She starts to play music in the speakers. You didn't know the song but you still jammed to it.

First was the snacks and next was the introductions.

At that party, you got to know more agents. You finally met Omen, Astra and Viper. Omen was a cool guy and you wanted to know more about him and be friends with him. He doesn't seem to be willing to though. You hoped that you'll have another chance to befriend him in the future. 

Astra was gorgeous. You couldn't even keep up with her energy and enthusiasm. She was just like Raze. And Viper? Man, don't even get me started.

You loved  Viper. Her attitude, the way she dressed, her voice, her face, her everything. The woman was so captivating. Despite her sassy attitude, she can be very friendly sometimes. She even gave you her business card and saying that you should call her when you need something.

You also met Skye who had adorable wooden(?) pets. You loved the designs of her trinkets and asked her if she could teach you how to make one. Surprisingly, Skye agreed, saying that she has nothing else to do except training with Breach in the gym and harnessing her healing ability.

Now speaking of Breach, your uncle, he was just sitting there in the corner getting drunk with the beer that Brimstone ordered. As always, Yoru and Phoenix were fighting over the food. It was always funny to see them fight like that. It's like the two were destined best friend rivals or something. Jett was watching the two fight while eating her share of food.

While you were sitting there in the corner watching them argue, Cypher approached you. "Oh, hi Aamir." You greeted. He was wearing his mask today. You thought that he just didn't like to show his face. Although you preferred him without his mask, you respected his decision. 

"It's been a while, (Y/n). How are you doing?"

"I'm doing really fine, Aamir. I've been practising how to wield a pistol and my stamina training is being monitored by Jett and Sage. What about you? I haven't seen you in a while..." You took a bottle of water from the table beside your seat.

"Oh, the missions Brimstone are giving me are hectic. But I can manage them." He gives you a small chuckle. A slow song plays in the speaker and he asks you if you wanted to dance. "But I'm not really good at dancing..." You excused. But he pulled you to the dancefloor and said: "I'll take the lead, don't worry." And then he winks at you with his glowing robotic(?) eyes. (Let's say that Aamir's mask has a feature where it makes his eyes glow. My imagination is below six feet, sorry 💀)

"I forgot to tell you that you're looking very beautiful today." Cypher complimented. You could feel the blood rushing up to your cheeks. You couldn't make out the words to reply do you just turned you head away and mumbled a small thanks. You were unfamiliar to constant praises so you get embarrassed and thankful when somebody compliments you.

"You're such a weakling when in comes to compliments. I like that." Cypher chuckled. This was so embarrassing for you that you wanted to jump off a cliff. "Oh, you grew taller?" He teased. But it was true, you grew taller than before since you received the care and support you needed after all those years.

The dance went well and surprisingly you didn't step on Cypher's foot once. He was really good at leading you there. His smooth and graceful movements made you relax. His...

Wait. You stopped for a moment. You stood there in the corner waiting for Cypher to come back from getting drinks.

Why is Aamir always in my head. Why do I keep thinking of him? You sat down a chair and put a hand on your chin. Face serious and curious. You were confused what this feeling was.

Meh, maybe I just missed him too much. You just shrugged it off, not knowing how crucial those feelings were to you in the future.

The party ended with Brimstone making a small speech and Sage helping the passed out Breach up.

Later That Night

3:46 AM.

"What the fuck." Eyes wide open and brain thinking about so many things. You couldn't sleep. After saying goodbye to Cypher earlier, you felt incomplete. It was like something important was taken away from you. Maybe you were just imagining it?

Couldn't be that.

The problem here was you couldn't stop thinking about Cypher. Aamir. 

You tossed and turned around over and over on your bed but you still couldn't sleep. It was getting annoying now. And thanks to that, you only got three hours of sleep and fell asleep the whole afternoon after training.

。。。