ーthirty three : a fun time

"Ey, this shrimp is so fucking good! Try it!" Phoenix gestured towards the bowl of freshly fried tempura. Almost half of it were eaten by him and only a few were left for the other agents. The chef of the private beach house made a mental note that he should cook more tempura when Phoenix is around. 

You snickered at his face when he said it was the first time he'd eaten something so delicious other than steak. "Hey, Phoenix! Slow down boy. You might choke." Jett said while she stole a piece of tempura from the guy's plate.

"Ugh, why am I even eating with you guys." Yoru rolled his eyes while he continued to eat his food with his fancy chopsticks skills. Why is he using chopsticks? Even Jett is eating with a spoon and a fork. You thought while you admired his skills with the chopsticks.

You were eating with Yoru, Jett, and Phoenix in one table. There was not big table so everyone was separated. Of course, you chose to sit with your best friends. Although you really wanted to sit with Aamir, he said that it was alright if you sat with the funny group.

You felt a bit guilty for not eating with him though.

"So (Y/n), what are you gonna wear tomorrow?" Jett questioned. "What do you mean?" You replied.

"We're gonna bathe in the ocean tomorrow..." Yoru sipped his cola while taking a picture of a sleeping Phoenix with his free hand. "Yoru, Grant is really gonna be mad if you show him that picture." You snickered.

"No, he won't... Probably."

You thought about your outfit for a bit. "Maybe I'll just wear a normal one piece." You gave yourself a small nod. "Whaaat? Only that? Girl, you gotta show off!" Jett slammed her fist on the table and jolted Phoenix awake.

"AYOWWWW WHAT THE HELL MAN?" The half-awake Grant spoke up and mumbled a lot of incoherent words. "I think he's drunk..." Jett cracked up. "He's drunk? But he only had one bottle of wine?" You tittered.

"Huh? Why... In the world does (Y/n) always act like she's older than us...?" The befuddled fire radiant was so drunk that he couldn't even remember your age. "Someone needs to record this right nowー" Jett rolled on the floor laughing. 

Yoru was laughing so much he couldn't even say a word. "Yo, Phoenix... (Y/n) is like... A year older than you...Pffー" Almost tearing up from cackling, both Jett and Yoru finally calmed down when Phoenix passed out from tiredness.

"Did you have fun today, (Y/n)?" Brimstone asked. Feeling a bit tired from all that's happened today, you yawned. "I had lots of fun today, Uncle." Due to your exhaustion, you subconsciously called Brimstone 'uncle'. Which he definitely didn't mind. He's your uncle's best friend so that automatically makes him part of your family.

"You should go to your room and rest now." Brimstone patted your back and smiled softly. To him, being called an Uncle was special. It was like having a child of his own.

Brimstone escorted you to your room and wished you good night.

You crashed down your bed and stared at the plain ceiling. You wondered what your life would have been if you were just a normal person today.

You don't even remember how your life was before. You only recalled some of your memories and the rest were blurry to you. You thought that maybe if you didn't have these supernatural abilities, Valorant Protocol wouldn't have taken you in.

You felt bad for thinking about these things and eventually cried yourself to sleep, unaware of the eyes that were watching you from your window.

。。。