ーthirty six : plan

"We call him Chamber." 

"Chamber?" Tilting your head to the side, you questioned the German genius. "He's the one who helped us with the payments of this place." Killjoy whispered, enough for only everyone in the room for you to hear. You replied with a small hum.

"He's a pretty nice guy, don't worry about him, kid." Breach patted your back and reassured you that nothing bad is going to happen to you. "Thanks, Uncle." You gave him a smile knowing that he'll definitely do his best to protect you.

You left the room after saying goodbye to them. On the way out, you met KAY/O who was on his was to the living room. He greeted you with a short hello and continued on with his journey.

In your room, you sat on the bed and scrolled down through the app that Killjoy installed on your new phone. (Since you left your old phone at Kingdom...) You saw an old picture of Astra and a man. It was taken a few years back then. The man wore a suit and had glasses.

The picture was posted by Killjoy and with a caption saying: Look what I found.

You wanted to take a look at the comment section but you were too tired so you turned your phone off and rested on your bed. For a moment you saw a child staring at you from outside your window. But when you blinked, the child was gone.

Part of you wanted to believe you were just hallucinating but the child's eyes were far too focused on you to be just a hallucination. Deciding to just ignore it, you closed your eyes and let your mind rest for a while. Remembering you still haven't had dinner yet, you bolted up and got out of your room and then dashed to the kitchen.

???

"She's really pretty... No wonder why Uncle fell in love with her."

Brimstone

We were still in the living room, discussing about our future missions. Breach suggested that we don't send (Y/n) in missions until she recovers. But I don't see what she has to recover from? She looks perfectly fine to me and I don't think there's something wrong with her.

"But Breach, she'll never get used to this if you don't send her to missions..." I scratched my cheek, waiting for the others' thought about my opinion. "He's right. She has to be prepared always." To my surprise, Reyna was the first one to agree. Now, don't get me wrong here. It's just that Reyna never shows interest to anyone and it here, it looks like she's interested in (Y/n).

"Uh-huh. I think you should let her go to missions, Breach. She can tag along with Sage or... Viper." Killjoy added before going back to tinkering with her robots. I made a mental note to tell Killjoy about my bracer later.

Breach let out a long sigh. "But (Y/n), she's... She's in danger. Kingdom is coming for her and I know why." He paused before continuing. "They need her. They want her." Visibly cringing from the thought of (Y/n) kidnapped again, Breach shook off the thoughts.

Kingdom was chasing (Y/n)? But why?

"I know, you guys have a lot of questions. But the only thing I can confirm for now is that Kingdom is going to get (Y/n) back, no matter what." Breach stood up from his seat and said that he'll just be clearing his head outside.

Too confused to process information, I took a look outside the window. A small figure running in the dark and then disappearing... I must be hallucinating. I need to go get some sleep. I stood up from my seat and excused myself to go rest in my room.

2nd Person

"Holy shit, Jettー Joon-Hee! This is amazing! Did you cook this one?" As if all your worries were taken away from you, you jumped with joy when you tasted the food that Jett offered you. She said it was her specialty back when she was younger. You never knew that Jett was a cook. Remembering how your first impression of her was, you chuckled.

You were so delighted by the taste of you friend's cooking that you didn't even notice Omen beside you. "ーOh, hey Omen!" Jett waved at the oh-so-polite Omen who was too embarrassed to speak. "Oh, hey Omen! How's it going? Wanna try Jett's cooking?" You handed a small plate to him and offered him the food.

"Thank you..." He growled. Friendly growl. His voice was always raspy so you liked to call it growl. With that, he disappeared like a bubble popping.

Meanwhile, in Kingdom's HQ

Storm groaned in annoyance. "I still can't believe you guys let her escape!" The poor old man was so stressed that they let his precious specimen escape her cage. "All of you had one fucking job!" He threw his glass on the floor and ordered all agents from Kingdom to search for her.

Cypher

Fucking hell. We never knew he would be so upset that he'd throw a childish tantrum in front of us. We let her escape because it was for our own good! Once her abilities reach their maximum form, we're all done for here.

"You look stressed." A voice in front of me stated. "Jesus, you startled me." I looked up to see that it was only Viper. I scoffed at her and asked what she wanted.

"We're going to bring Storm down. Stop sulking and get up. We need your eyes." Viper sneered at me and then left the room. What a salty woman. I let out a long, stressed sigh and made my way to the usual meeting spot.

Conference room number 5.

。。。