ーforty two : traitor

"We meet again, Miss (Y/n)."

It was no one other than Cypher himself. You glared at the masked man and struggled from his tight grip. "Let me go! What do you want from me?" You whisper-yelled. "I thought you guys were already over me? I thought you guys didn't need me?" You ranted while he kept your arms above you, pinned to the wall.

"(Y/n)..." Cypher purred near your ear. His voice was seductive and hypnotizing but no, you weren't going to fall for that no matter what. This guy was from Kingdom and he cannot be trusted. Not even just a bit.

...Maybe you trusted him, just a bit.

As much as you didn't want to, you used your abulity to inflict cold temperature near your wrist that caused Cypher to pull away with a hiss. "Now, now. No need to be so violent." He chuckled and took his hat off, giving it to you. You held it, confused.

"I want to talk with you." Cypher hesitated beore continuing. "But now's not the time. I'm running out of time, (Y/n). So I will give you this. I trust you that you will not leak any information about this document to anyone." He shoved three pieces of paper to your arms and left without a word. You furrowed you brows and accepted the papers willingly.

Not wanting to be suspected by anyone from the protocol, you threw away the Kingdom Agent's hat nearby and hid the papers inside your jacket. You ran as fast as you could to catch up with your team. Fortunately, they didn't even notice you were gone for a while.

"Why are you sweating so much, (Y/n)? Are you okay?" Soleil noticed your exhaustion and let you drink her unopened water bottle. You thanked the girl and wiped the sweat off your forehead with a small towel. Running really wasn't the best thing you wanted to do right now...

You let out a long sigh as you sat beside Soleil who fell asleep due to exhaustion. You wanted to read the contents of the paper right now but you couldn't risk it. If anyone found out that you got in contact with a Kingdom Agent, they would totally flip out and get mad.

The team finally arrived. The mission was successful. Brimstone congratulated you for you first completed mission and promised you that he would buy you anything that you wanted for a reward. Brimstone... What if I wanted a mansion. You chuckled as you thought of what you wanted.

After changing to comfortable clothes, you retrieved the papers that Cypher gave you from your jacket's inner pocket. After making sure that your room's door was locked and the curtains covered your windows, you started to read the content of the paper.

---------------

Dear  *REDACTED*,

I heard that you recently discovered a new weapon for humanity's destruction? I can sense the upcoming revolution. It seems that you are making very big progress on the Grimreaper Project. The (L/n)'s truly are generous for letting us have their daughter. It won't even take a year and that girl will already be ready for the First Light.

Sender, Unknown.

---------------

Dear *REDACTED*,

S-21 has gone missing? You have to find her or else she might accidentally unleash the beast you gave her. Before it's too late, I want to give you this keycard that lets you pass the hidden lab inside Kingdom's main headquarters. I will not specify the things I've left in there. All I can say is that the key to everything is in that lab.

I'll see you soon.

Sender, Unknown.

---------------

M1RR0R.

Sender, Unknown.

---------------

Three letters were marked by Cypher while the rest was Kingdom's future missions. They were serious on trying to get you back. But why did Cypher give you these? Aren't these supposed to be classified information? But I'm their enemy... You sat on your bed and neatly folded the papers. You put them inside your drawer and locked it so that no one can find it.

If Cypher gave you those documents, there was only one thing you could think of.

"He's betraying Kingdom."

。。。

quick reminder that this is an au fic so not everything about the agents will be the same.