ーtwenty five : goodbye?

"I want to go home."

Waking up from a dream that you forgot about, you subconsciously mumbled those words to yourself. You stared at the ceiling of the room that you've been staying in for weeks now. You've been transferred to your own room from the clinic.

"I don't want to be here."  You put your hands on your face to cover it. You wanted to get out of this place so bad. You didn't know what to feel towards the agents here anymore. They've come to be just like your family by how they treat you so kind but you preferred your real home and friends. You were so desperate that you would do anything just to gain back freedom.

"Then go. Escape." A cold voice replied. You shot up, not knowing that there was someone beside your bed, comfortably sitting on the chair.

It was Yoru.

"Uh..." Your voice cracked. You asked him why he was in your room but he didn't respond. Instead, he gave you a keycard and said: "You might need that in the future. Cypher told me to give it to you." He left the room with a weird sentence. His voice sounded so sad yet calming at the same time.

"You're not the real one anyway. You have no use to us."

What does he mean by that?

You were left with an unknown red-colored keycard with the Kingdom symbol. It was just a plain-looking keycard. Not too fancy, not too shabby. You wondered what it was for. Why did Cypher want you to have this? Were you supposed to trust him? Why did he say that you weren't the real one? Was there another you? You didn't know at all.

What you knew was that being a Radiant was a curse.

"Kingdom..." You held the keycard above you and inspected it. It wasn't familiar at all. When you were about to put the keycard inside the your drawer, someone knocked on your door.

Instead of putting it inside the drawer, you slid it in your pocket and walked towards the door.

"Who is it?"

"I am here to deliver something to Miss (Y/n). It is from the boss." Said a muffled voice from the other side of the door. Hesitating for a bit, you turned the doorknob and let the person in. Who's the boss? That 'Storm' guy? I don't think he is...

This person had a tall build, but you weren't short compared to them. They wore a mask that covered their whole face and a coat that covered their whole body. Their height reminded you of someone you know. You stared at them for a few seconds and snapped out of it.

"So, where's the thing you wanted to give me?" Your eyes landed on the small black box held by the person. Out if curiosity, you opened it the moment you received it.

Inside was a card with writings on it.

(Y/n), let's go home.

You turned your head towards the person who delivered the card. Making sure the door was locked, the familiar face was revealed to you.

"Phoenix?" It was him.

"Hell yeah it's me!" You ran into his open arms as he pulled you in a tight embrace. "Are you really Phoenix? From back home?" Your eyes met his'. "Of course, it's me (Y/n). You don't know how much we missed you. We were searching for you all around the globe..." He hugged you tighter.

"How did you... Get in here?" You asked. "Save your questions for later. The first thing we need to do right now is find a way to escape without getting caught. If we delay, that Sab- Uh, Viper might actually kill me." Phoenix grabbed your hand and took you to the nearest window.

This was the 5th floor. Was he planning to jump down from here? Hell no, you weren't going to do that.

"Let's jump."

You deadpanned. This man was going to be the end of you. He jumped onto the balcony of the 3rd floor and signalled it's clear. You hesitated for a bit...

When you were about to jump off, the door broke open. It was the Phoenix from Kingdom. You froze in your tracks and raised your hand. He was holding a gun. A pistol, to be specific.

One shot on your head, and you'll be dead.

"Go." He mouthed.

"What...?"

"I said go!" This time, he shouted. He aimed his gun at you and shot. However, it wasn't your head he aimed for. It was the wall behind you.

"If you want to escape, then go. This is your first and last chance, girl. All you need to know is in the room where you need that keycard. Please find out the truth behind all of this. For us. And for yourself. Don't ever come back here. The (Y/n) we know isn't you, so just go." Phoenix aimed his gun down and fell back. "You're the only one who can do this, (Y/n)."

The Phoenix, who was waiting down there, yelled. "(Y/n), what's happening up there?!" Completely confused by what the Kingdom agent said, you just jumped and landed painfully beside your friend. "It was nothing." You stood up and felt a stinging pain in your ankle. "You know, you could've just caught me..."

"It really was a bad idea to jump from up there..." You winced at the pain of the sprained ankle. You told Phoenix that you could still walk but he insisted on letting you ride on his back.

"You mean you're going to jump down there with me on your back?! Phoenix that's fucking suicide!" You struggled to get off his back as he held you tightly preparing to jump off of the balcony.

"Do you really think I'm that weak, (Y/n)?" He chuckled.

Phoenix

I stared at her. She jumped off the window and disappeared along with the other Phoenix.

I sat down the floor of her once-called bedroom. We didn't talk that much at all here but she was interesting. I heard from Cypher that he felt he's met her before. I do too, but she's not the same (Y/n) I met. We don't need her. Our seniors does.

Knowing that girl would never come to our side, we just let her escape without our superior's knowledge. He'll surely kill us if he found out we let hid favourite experiment escape.

"Haha..." I sighed. I held the pistol tightly with my right hand.  "Honestly, I don't care anymoreー"

"I just want all of this to end."

。。。