ーforty four : storm

Kingdom

"Why... Do I know her? Where have I seen her before?" A certain Moroccan agent was deep in thought as he sipped his coffee. He was wondering why he knew (Y/n) Torsten (L/n) even before he met her personally. It was as if he was forgetting something important. He wants to remember but something is preventing him to.

"...What was it." Cypher let out a long sigh and put a hand on his forehead. Before he could even think about anything else, a person walked out from the shadows. They seemed to have been eavesdropping in Cypher's conversation with himself.

"(Y/n). She was an agent here once." Viper put a hand on her hips and smirked at Cypher. Then, it hit him. "Year XX, she was sent on a mission by Storm. She never came back and was reported dead." Viper continued. Forgotten memories finally revealed themselves, allowing the frustrated agent to remember who (Y/n) truly was in his life.

-

"Hello, my name is (Y/n)... It's a pleasure to be working with you guys!" A teenager, about 16-17, introduced herself to the group. All the girl received was a few 'hello's' while others didn't even bother to greet her.

"Now, now! You guys will be working with our (Y/n) here starting today!" Ma'am (M/n) beamed at everybody but only Jett and a few others replied back. "I want you guys to treat her properly, okay?"

I stared at the girl and realized that she and Ma'am (Y/n) look very similar. Could she be...? There's no doubt, they even have the same look on their face. She's our supervisor's daughter. I walked closer to the girl and greeted her properly, shaking her hand after. I have a feeling she and I will get along pretty well.

-

"Huh...? What do you mean... Kill them off?" I widened my eyes as I heard the words I never thought I'd hear coming out from (Y/n)'s mouth. I was just walking around the headquarters but then I happen to overhear Mr. Storm and (Y/n)'s conversation.

"B-but Sir! Iー" "No buts! You will have to follow my orders. I am your boss, got that?" Mr. Storm looked pretty angry at (Y/n). I wonder what's going on? I think listening in more would be too dangerous... But I'm curious...

"Sir, please. You have to reconsider! I can't kill off Mr. and Mrs. (L/n)! They raised me and they're not just strangers to me!"

...What? Mr. Storm wants (Y/n) to eliminate her own parents? Why did she even refer to her own parents as Mr. and Mrs. (L/n)?

"Fine, I will do it myself." Mr. Storm glared at (Y/n) and didn't even let her disagree. I gulped and prepared to hear what was next. "As for you, (Y/n). I will be sending you to a difficult mission. Your presence here is no longer needed. I have found another you that is better. You do not belong in this organization if you are that soft."

What? What is Mr. Storm saying? What another (Y/n)? I backed off from the door and quietly escaped. Mind rushing with ideas and thoughts about what I just overheard. The (L/n) Family is going to be executed? Why? The last thing I heard from that room was a loud bang sound. I didn't want to turn back...

-

Cypher

I... Was a coward back then. I ran away from (Y/n). I ran away from the girl I loved. I was scared that I would die. I was young and naïve. I was...

I clenched my jaw and look up to the sky, remembering (Y/n)'s last words for me. Thanks to Viper, I've regained my forgotten memories. "...But how did you remember those, Viper?" I questioned the masked lady beside me. She shook her head and coughed. "I found a letter for me while I was arranging documents. Inside my drawer, it was buried deep within the papers inside. From (Y/n)... The (Y/n) we knew." Her face was in clear sorrow and sadness.

"The (Y/n) we failed to protect..." She sighed and closed her eyes. Sure, she was pretty mean to (Y/n) but she did care about her very much... Why did Storm send her to a suicide mission? Was it because he didn't want two (Y/n)s existing at the same time? Or is it another reason that we have no idea of? 

"Storm is a greedy man. He's been like that since we were trainees. We must overthrow and bring down that man... Even if it means becoming traitors." Viper crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. She pretends to respect Storm whenever he's around... But in reality, she actually despises him more than anyone here. I let out a small chuckle and put my coffee mug on the table. 

"All we can do now is wait for... (Y/n) to give her answer." I sighed and excused myself from the room since I had to go to my workshop now to fix my gadgets. 

。。。

summary in understandable language because holy shit this is confusing sorry.

two y/ns in the story so far

kingdom y/n and protocol y/n (you)
kingdom y/n was very soft and kind. can't hurt a fly. just like her mother 
protocol y/n in her younger days was a rebellious child. just like her uncle breach
 storm thought that the latter was better than kingdom y/n and decided to kidnap her

kingdom y/n was the girl kingdom cypher knew before he met protocol y/n.
somehow, everyone's memories of kingdom y/n was wiped out. this is related to their supervisor, storm. viper and cypher team up to betray kingdom to avenge kingdom y/n but they need protocol y/n's answer first if she wants to cooperate.