ーtwenty four : rescue

Valorant Protocol

"I've found her location." Viper announced to the team which consisted of Phoenix, Yoru, Jett, Omen, and Cypher.

"Really?" Phoenix's face lit up. After days of worrying about her friend (Y/n), he could finally breathe properly. But he still wasn't completely calmed down since they haven't rescued her yet.

Viper noticed Cypher's tired behaviour so she decided not to give the poor man any more work. He's suffered too much because of this. I'll make sure we retrieve (Y/n) safely. After all, she's our best card... And friend. Viper sighed as she mentally prepared herself.

"Her last location was near Tokyo. One of Kingdom's headquarter is also there so there's a huge chance that she's there... Unless they've already moved her to another location." Viper explained the rest of the plan to the team and told them to take a quick relaxation first.

The plan was to silently rescue (Y/n) from the building by pretending to be one of the staffs of Kingdom. Kingdom had a lot of staffs so it didn't seem difficult to execute that plan.

It was quite a stupid risky plan if Cypher were to be truthful about it.

"This is a dumb plan." Yoru's long sigh was heard as half of the team agreed with him. Sabine couldn't help but furrow her eyebrows from the unenthusiastic energy her team gave off.

"I know it sounds shitty but it's the only way for us to enter the building without causing any trouble." Viper took a bite of her sandwich that she taught (Y/n) how to make.

Viper and (Y/n) sure weren't close but they were close enough to be called friends. She cared for the girl as much as everyone doesーshe just doesn't want to show it. Every moment Viper spent with (Y/n) was peaceful. Drinking tea and talking about science. It was her special pastime that she had discovered with (Y/n).

She wasn't that religious but while waiting in the lobby, she prayed to God that the plan would go well and her teammates wouldn't get hurt.

Keep yourself together, Sabine. She finished her snack and went to the entrance to talk with Brimstone.

"Hey Phoenix. Do you think we'll be able to save her?" Jett asked Phoenix. Although he seemed like he was about to pass out from the pressure, he kept his head high. "Of course, Jett. You and me, we never lose." Phoenix gave Jett a reassuring smile.

"I'm sure she's doing well. A hundred percent sure." Yoru suddenly appeared out of nowhere and surprised the two. "Argh! Yoru you fuckerーI told you not to do that!" Jett jumped at the sudden appearance of the Japanese boy. Phoenix has gotten used to it so much so he didn't even feel bothered by it anymore.

The three stared at each other. They stood alone in the lobby with no one around them. Everything went all silent.

"It's just us three now again." Phoenix looked down the marble floor.

"You know, I remember the time when we rescued (Y/n) from the Kingdom laboratory back then. I thought that this girl wouldn't be significant to my life."

Phoenix paused.

"Yeah, I thought she was pretty and all that but... Her condition was so severe that I never thought she would survive... For a week." Phoenix took a deep breath knowing that he was definitely wrong. "As time passed by, she still was there. And she approached me. She asked me if I wanted to be her friend. I thought we were just gonna stay as training buddies forever but I guess not." He let out a sad chuckle.

"Hey. It's okay to uhm... Feel sad. We all are feeling down because (Y/n) isn't here." Jett tied her hair up and walked closer to Phoenix to console him. Yoru looked away and thought of the same thing.

"I'm going to save her no matter what." "Yoru, I think you meant we are going to save her no matter what.

。。。