Chapter 162

"Maybe they really wanted to help King Yue at the beginning, but people's hearts are changeable. Faced with the power at their fingertips for a long time, who can guarantee that they won't come up with other ideas?"

"Your Majesty means that the King of Yue is just a puppet to them?" Shen Yu quickly figured this out, so that many of the previous things could make sense.

Why are they indifferent to the dirty water splashed on the King of Yue? Why did the King of Yue be imprisoned for so long and they were not in a hurry? Wait, there are still a lot of unreasonable things, just because what they care about most is not King Yue.

They just need to find the most suitable time and pay the least price to save people.

As for how the King of Yue will suffer during this period, it is not their concern.

Qiyue Mountain is within the boundary of the capital. When the emperor is assassinated, most of the capital of the capital will flock to this side.

"What exactly did the late emperor leave to the King of Yue? So far, I haven't thoroughly investigated it. In the early years, I interrogated the late emperor's close officials and found out some of them. The hidden ones are deeper, and even they don't know."

Everyone knows that after Shang Junlin ascended the throne, he killed many former officials of the previous dynasty. If not, most of the forces in the dynasty would not be freed up for a thorough cleaning, but few people know that among those people, Some were not put to death in the first place.

They were held in secret, draining the last remaining value.

"Isn't it rumored that the late emperor was incompetent?" Shen Yu scratched his chin, "It doesn't look like that."

"No matter how absurd it is in the later period, in the early years, he was the victor who defeated many competitors and ascended the throne. Never underestimate such a person."

Why did the late emperor's temperament change drastically? Shang Junlin didn't care. There was only blood and deep hatred between him and the late emperor, and there was no father and son affection.

Shen Yu turned the subject back: "Did Mr. Fang come up with any new clues?"

Most of the information he knew came directly from Shang Junlin's mouth.

Shang Junlin: "Master Xu didn't know about the servant's behavior, and he didn't even know about the fact that Mrs. Xu sent someone to contact Hanzhou in private. The assassin's confession can be matched with the abduction of the King of Yue, both from the same source. Allocate power."

Shen Yu: "Can you tell from them where the King of Yue will be taken?"

Shang Junlin: "They don't know that the actions of the two groups are separate, perhaps to prevent the current situation from happening, and the assassins know nothing about the follow-up actions of the other party."

Shen Yu: "It seems that the people behind the scenes also know that the failure rate of assassination is very high. I never thought that these assassins would all have to go back."

Shang Junlin: "Whether their actions are successful or not, from the moment they take over this task, they are doomed to sacrifice for it."

Shen Yu agrees with this point. If they don't succeed, there is no need to say how they will end up being caught. If they take ten thousand steps back, if they succeed, it is impossible for them to retreat completely.

"The servant who tipped off was brought up the mountain by Mr. Xu. Your Majesty may go to Hanzhou to check." Even though Mr. Xu knew nothing of the inside story, Shen Yu thought it was too coincidental.