ᄂIΣƧ

Lies

The rest of the night was surprisingly peaceful after you returned to your 'campsite', Gittarackur in tow.

No one tried to steal your badge or attack you two, allowing you both to have a somewhat peaceful rest and time to figure out how to get Hisoka's badge.

Even if the Hunter Exams weren't that difficult, you decided that as long as you got your license, you didn't mind as much anymore.

Having a hunter license meant that barely anything was restricted to you and that would make the jobs you take much easier to complete and take a lot less time (it would also give you more time to find out where Chrollo went. Five years and nothing has turned up; there has to be a reason for that and with a hunter licence you would be able to dig much deeper).

Unfortunately though, you Gittarackur parted ways the next morning.

You were heading west and Gittarackur was going south, something about him overhearing the person whose badge he has to take heading south to spend the week hiding there.

At least you guys would still be able to meet up later, this wasn't going to be the last time you two ever saw each other so there would be no problem separating for a while.

In any case, you went your way and let yourself blend in with the trees and forest around you in hopes of being able to sneak up on Hisoka.

-

Something that, of course, didn't work, because why would it.

Of course, there was no way you would be able to easily get through this phase and relax for the remainder of the week.

No, Hisoka had to notice you once you got within fifty meters of him and had to throw a few nen infused cards at you.

Hisoka wasn't anywhere west as you figured out after a few hours of searching so you went north instead, where he thankfully was (you did not want to scour the entire island looking for one person. That's too much work).

But Hisoka noticed you were there almost immediately so you were going to have to fight him instead of sneakily grabbing his badge and getting the fuck out of there before he noticed.

Slightly pursing your lips together, you conjured a small knife to cut the bungee gum on the cards off and the cards themselves in half before they could reach you and then unconjured your knife.

Hisoka let out a small hum and followed where you were with his eyes.

You noticed this and jumped behind him, nen conjured knife back in hand.

He turned around and blocked it with one of his cards.

"See Y/N, my Bungee Gum cont—"

"Shut up Hisoka."

Hisoka's sly smile turned downwards slightly.

"Look: I know how much you like to explain to literally everyone that Bungee Gum contains the properties of both rubber and gum since you love to let everyone know how you made your nen but I have heard this shit for years. So please, kindly shut the fuck up and fight me quickly so I can take your badge and relax in a nice hole in the ground or tree for the rest of the week."

After you said that, Hisoka didn't say anything else in response, instead deciding to stick part of his aura onto your knives and pull them out of your hands.

Expecting him to do this, the second they started slipping from your fingers, you unconjured them and grabbed onto the Bungee Gum that was idly hanging in the air for less than a second.