ЯΛIПY DΛY

Rainy Day

You probably should've thought farther ahead instead of making impulsive decisions on the spot.

If you did think ahead and planned something, you wouldn't be in the situation you currently are in.

Where, not only do you no longer have a job or any kind of way to earn money, but you're also homeless.

Over the past few years, the only consistent place of living you've had has been at Heaven's Arena as a Floor Master—barely ever even going back to your own house to stay at.

Other than that, you never stayed in one place long enough to need actual lodging.

It was actually really convenient for you as well, since you didn't have to spend any money on housing.

Now though, it's come back to bite you in the ass.

You assumed Hisoka, Chrollo, and Illumi had their own places to stay at but you, as the one who volunteered all of them to stay here for a while, have neither a house nor money.

Realistically speaking, you should have some kind of money from your winnings at Heaven's Arena and from the few odd jobs you've taken but you also have no clue where you left it.

All you remember is, about two years ago, you decided to put all your money in a safe place, thinking you would never need to use it—which you haven't needed to until now—and eventually forgot about it completely.

Leaving you, who should technically be rich, dirt poor due to horrible life decisions.

Ahhh, if only I kept all my money in a bank like a normal person instead of thinking I could keep better track of it than a place whose literal job is to take care of my money.

Mentally cursing the stupidity of your past self, you stood in front of the other three awkwardly.

"Alright so I'm going to go for now." You used both your pointer fingers to point in a random direction away from them. "Bye!" Turning your heel, you started briskly walking right past them, trying not to panic.

Finding somewhere to stay shouldn't be too hard, should it?

You can do this (hopefully).

-

To absolutely no one's surprise, not even yours, you were completely unable to find a place to stay.

Anywhere.

In such a big, populous city, there was not a single vacant building you could stay in or any vacant hotel rooms.

You even went as far as to search for house and apartment listings just to see if there was any place that was planning on selling their house for you to buy.

(Since you didn't have any money, you were planning on faking it and making any payments you had to make later, when you could either remember where you put your money or steal from some rich person who wouldn't notice a few thousand missing.)

But nowhere.

Not a single place.

It was like the entire city decided to play a sick joke on you by having every type of lodging be full the one time you decide to stay somewhere.

At this point, you were going to have to keep sleeping in trees.

At least then you'll have a way to get food.

Deciding to accept that your life from now on will be as a tree dweller, you headed back to the forest.

You've spent enough time in them in the past to have learned how to be comfortable sleeping in trees and scavenging to find food.