ПΣΛЯ DΣΛƬΉ

Near Death

Gasping for air, you ran out of your bedroom and sprinted into the hallway.

You lived alone and your only—and best—friend, Lucilfer Chrollo lived on the other side of town.

Looking behind you briefly, you didn't spot anyone there.

Thinking you might have lost him, you let out a sigh of relief that was short lived.

For when you turned back around again, Zoldyck Illumi was standing right in front of you, staring at you with his blank eyes.

Shit, shit, shit, shit. What the hell did I do to get someone to hire a Zoldyck of all people to come kill me!

While trying to turn a corner, a couple of Illumi's head needle came darting at you with a speed and accuracy you couldn't even react to.

Clutching your bleeding side and shoulder, you continued to run while hissing and crying out in pain.

Chrollo, Chrollo,Chrollo... you thought whil looking through the contacts on your phone.

Entering a bathroom as quietly as you could, you quickly found the person you were poking for and dialled his number.

Ring

Ring

Ring

Ri—

Halfway through the fourth ring, a slight static sound was hard and Chrollo's voice spoke.

"Chrollo, thank god..." you said in a hoarse voice, clutching your bleeding wound.

"Someone," you heaved, "is trying to kill me..." you very faintly said.

"Who?" Chrollo said, his voice growing significantly more angry and worried.

From the other side of the line, you could hear the rustling of shoes being put on, a door opening and him sprinting in the direction of your house.

"A—A Zoldy—" the washroom door opened and Illumi stood there once again.

Your phone hung up and you tried with all your strength to lift yourself off of the ground and run, but you were too tired; too weak.

-

"Y/N? Y/N!?" Chrollo exclaimed into his phone.

He was almost at your house, only a block away.

From the way you were talking, he assumed that you had already been wounded previously and were still running.

And even though you didn't finish talking, he knew who's name you were trying to say and ran even faster than before.

-

Illumi stood by the washroom door, staring at the blood on the ground and the person heaving and holding her side which, no doubt, had holes in them.

She would die, sooner or later from all the blood she had lost, it was only a matter of when.

He could chose to finish her off swiftly now, or he could let her bleed out and leave.

Throwing two more head needles with the same accuracy and speed as the other ones, jut barely missing vital points.

By this point, you were already passed out and just barely alive, the other head needles making it worse.

And it just happened to be at that time, when the front door bursted open and Chrollo ran right through, making brief eye contact with Illumi before he disappeared.

Instead of following the Zoldayck to find out why he was sent to kill you, Chrollo followed the trail of blood to the bathroom where you were flooding yourself in a pool of your own blood.

"Shit." He cursed, picking you up carefully, running to the nearest hospital.

Your body was tired and your mind tired. Even though you were unconscious, your mind kept replaying the past hour; kept replaying how helpless you are and how painfully weak you are. You hated it.

——
A/N: so, this was an idea I came up with at like 3 a.m yesterday while I was trying to sleep. And I have nothing better to do, so I decided to turn it into this. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter.