ЯΣƧӨᄂЦƬIӨП

Resolution

The three of them didn't respond to you, never breaking eye contact.

"You're back." Chrollo eventually said, sounding baffled.

"Yes, I am." You tried to say it with as little sarcasm as possible.

Of course you were back.

You are standing right in front of them, so obviously you came back to Yorknew City.

To find them.

Dammit, you still really want to run.

But you won't.

Not yet, at least.

Once you get what you came here for, you might as well leave, for good this time.

You will at least have some closure then and won't have to live with never knowing why to all the million questions you have about, well, everything.

"Why?" This time, Illumi was the one to ask, speaking up for the first time since they cornered you.

"That doesn't matter." You were here to ask questions, not answer them, they would find out soon anyways, when you actually started asking questions.

Illumi narrowed his eyes but didn't refute you.

"Okay." you readied yourself.

"Hisoka," you decided to start with him.

Compared to the other two, what you wanted to ask from him is much simpler and easier to explain.

"I came here to get answers that you three are going to give me."

No one said anything, so you took that as them agreeing.

"So, Hisoka, why didn't you tell me you were a part of the Phantom Troupe. You knew I've been looking for him all this time and yet you've been a part of the same organization as him for I don't know how long."

Hisoka paused to think before answering.

"Well~ I just never thought it was necessary for you to know."

You clenched your fist.

What kind of bullshit answer was that?

You came here looking for actual answers for everything, not whatever the hell Hisoka was saying.

"Fine," he huffed, sensing your annoyance with his answer.

"I was going to tell you eventually." He took out a card and balanced it on his finger before continuing, "and I didn't know he was the one you were looking for." He ended with a grumble.

Okay.

That's a... decent enough answer, very Hisoka like.

One person done, two more left.

Moving on to the next easiest person, you settled your nerves to listen to Illumi.

"Why did you do it?" You asked softy.

This has been bothering you for a long, long time and you have wanted to know what you did to piss someone off to the point where they would want to kill you.

Now, you would understand—you have pissed off many, many, many people in these past few years, but back then you didn't do anything to anyone.

You hadn't even known anyone who would be able to hire a Zoldyck to assassinate you.

Which is why, if you did unintentionally make someone mad enough to scare the absolute living shit out of you for multiple years, you would definitely be sure to personally return the favour tenfold.