Book 1: A Girl in Another World - Chapter 27

Quinn

After roping Vincent, Liam, and a few young men into helping and distributing the new clothing to the males, I asked Maria, Frances, and some of the maids to do the same to the females and teach them to wear the panties and bras.

It was a little later when Eden and Sara came down the stairs, along with the children and their nursemaids. The little darlings were all in their new clothing of cute pants and hoodies and sneakers, and they looked like a bunch of pre- and elementary school children on a field trip wearing matching outfits. They looked adorable. A few had their plushies with them, and Abi and Alex were two of those. I suspected they were not going to part with their beloved toys for the next several weeks.

After quickly finishing my own meal, and while breakfast and the distributing of clothes continued and the hall buzzed with noise, I asked Sara and Eden to take me to those severely injured.

Moments later, I met an elderly couple who everyone called Grandma Ada and Grandpa Keith. They had a grandson named Gael, aged twenty, who had left with Juan, and a granddaughter named Rosie, aged seventeen, who was currently with them and taking care of their needs. As for Gael's and Rosie's parents, they had died from the attack one month ago.

"My lady," Grandma Ada said as she tried to get up.

I hastily motioned for her to lie back as I said, "Please don't. It's fine with you lying there."

She said, "Thank you for making us the food, my lady. It was delicious, the likes we've never had before."

Rosie nodded, her eyes brewing with tears.

I asked, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, my lady," she said.

Grandpa Keith nodded his head in agreement with his wife and said, "We're alive, and that's what counts."

I said, "Do you mind if I have a look at your wounds?"

"My lady wants to look at my wounds?" Grandma Ada asked, her eyes large, looking confused.

"Yes," I said. "May I?"

She nodded, and I unzipped her sleeping bag. Then I rolled up her sleeves, noting the burned skin, still raw, and it looked painful. Since I suspected it wasn't just her arm that was burned, I said, "Can I see your body?"

She hesitantly nodded, and I undid her worn clothing. I saw that one side of her chest was burned raw like her arm. I said, "I'm going to heal you, Grandma Ada."

Eden, Sara, and Rosie as well as Grandma Ada and Grandpa Keith simply stared at me.

"You can heal?" Eden asked.

"Mm-hmm." I nodded my head. Then I began and released my mana, which glowed and transferred to Grandma Ada. Within moments, her wound started fading and her skin began to regenerate.

Grandma Ada gazed at her skin long and hard, as if she was confused. Then suddenly she burst into tears. "It's gone. I'm healed. The pain is gone." Her body shaking with emotion, she grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it. "My lady, thank you; you're sent here by the deities to save us. Thank you, my lady."

Rosie burst out crying again, even louder than before, as she hugged her grandmother, and Grandpa Keith wiped tears from his eyes.

I turned my attention to Grandpa Keith and said, "I'm going to heal you, too, Grandpa Keith."

When it was done a moment later, he, too, kissed my hand as I said, "It's fine. It's fine. Please don't do that."

Suddenly, there was a commotion as people gathered around, marveling at the miracle of my healing ability.