Book 2: My Lord Saves the Citizens - Chapter 61

Quinn

I flipped through the pages, seeing notes here and there, but more so, illustrations, mostly scenes of people gathering and the buildings and facilities rooms that was the lodge.

"You have a knack for drawing, Hunter," I said. "Self-taught?"

"It just comes naturally, my lady," he said.

"They tended to play around when they were younger, my lady," Gemma said. "Drawing on dirt and such."

"Ah, I see," I said. "So you're technically recording what's happening around the lodge."

Hunter said, "When we first arrived here, we were awestruck and overwhelmed by what we saw and Hayden and I couldn't stop talking about the experience. We thought it'd be a shame if we forgot about it in the future, and we didn't want that. You, my lady, and Lord Norsewood technically saved and changed our lives, and we want to remember it always, so we started drawing."

"It's a journal." Handing back the book, I said, "You're both blessed with art and the ability to communicate with the masses. From where I came from, that's journalism... or it could be a comic artist." I tilted my head to one side. "Or anything to do with an artistic endeavor."

"Journalism, comic artist?" Hayden asked.

I nodded. "Journalism is when one collects, prepares, and distributes the news to the masses whereas comic artist is an artist who draws a comic. It's a form of storytelling through illustrations." I gasped. "That's right, there aren't any comic books in the library yet. I should create some. The Japanese manga, Korean manhwa, and Chinese manhua are especially popular in pop culture. And of course, the superhero ones, too."

I frowned. Come to think of it, perhaps Vicky should start airing some children friendly anime on her television as well since most of the popular ones were adapted from manga.

Hayden and Hunter, at hearing my explanation, looked at each other and their eyes widened, as if they understood what that meant. Naturally, of course, since they were blessed with such skills.

I leaned forward and said, "I have a proposition, gentlemen. Would you two be the first journalists and artists in Norsewood? Since you already know how to read and write, I think reporting on what's going on in Norsewood and distributing the news to Norsewood people would be a breeze. I think we should first start by making a department for you and then we'll have a news broadcast, via paper as in a newsletter, and through Vicky's television, once a week, say on a Friday evening?"

"We can have something like that, my lady?" Hayden asked.

"Would you really make a department for us?" Hunter asked.

I nodded. "It'd be useful for Norsewood. If we have something important to announce to the masses, it'd be easy-peasy through news broadcasting. Also, I think you two will have a ton of fun with it." I snapped my finger and thumb. "That's right, a journalist shouldn't be without their own camera." I summoned my magic circle, and voila, two magical digital cameras as well as accompanying tablets materialized, along with drawing pens.

The two young men stared at the gadgets, and Hayden asked, "My lady, what are those?"

"These are cameras, tablets, and drawing pens," I said. "The camera is to take photos and videos of your surroundings. Use that instead of drawing when you're reporting. Simply ask Vicky via this tablet on how to use the camera. Just switch it on by pushing on this button here." I showed it to them, and the screen was turned on and the image of Vicky appeared. "And if you're keen on starting your comic books or drawing an illustration, there's an application for that on the tablet, too."