Book 2: My Lord Saves the Citizens - Chapter 49

Aldric, as usual, was very impressed with Liam. Not only was the young man a role model for the other soldiers, but he was also smart and dedicated, and since last week, as the newest, he was already surpassing those who had been here years longer. His rock-climbing ability, too, was nothing to sneeze at, for he was only a mere step behind Vincent, coming first among the other soldiers. Praises and pats on the shoulders as encouragement always followed Liam's accomplishment, and the young man would shyly wave aside the attention.

Vincent said, "That boy is scaring the deity out of me. How in heaven does he become that strong in just one month of training? Holy fuck! You're not going to demote me and put Liam in my place as third captain, are you?" He was joking, of course.

Ever so stoic, Aldric said, "Liam has yet to have experience in battles and monster subjugations. A captain not only needs strength and fighting prowess but experience as well, and you have much of it, my friend. In time, a second-in-command after you or Juan, perhaps."

Vincent nodded. "Ah, speaking of Juan. I will say Liam is almost on par with your brother around five years ago as an eighteen-year-old lad with blood blessed by Isaris, which makes me wonder if Liam is blessed with some sort of ability as well. Is there such a thing as a rock-climbing blessing?"

Aldric frowned. Indeed, he had wondered about that, too, but that was not possible as Liam was not of noble blood. Yet Theo and Connor, neither of which were noble blood, could use fire magic. The living proof of that itself told Aldric that what was passed down where blessings were concerned was either flawed or... lies, which he had been suspecting for many years now. But alas, he was but a mere man without much power nor resources to dig into the truth, and thus, he had let it be. Although he admitted finding more men and women like Theo and Connor and bringing them to his side was one of his many life goals, and he hoped, prayed, that more like them existed out there.

It was seven when the rock climbing ended, and the men took a fifteen-minute break, hydrating themselves. Aldric had already stripped away his t-shirt and shoes and socks, leaving on only his shorts when he jumped into the training pool and started doing his laps, his powerful arms ripping into the water and his legs flapping. His men cheered as he neared the end of his goal for the day, and some started jumping in, too, Liam included, and started theirs. When Vincent grabbed his hand and pulled him out, Aldric was breathless.

"One hundred laps in fifteen minutes nonstop," Vincent said, slapping him on the back. "The notorious lord is not only a beast on land, but a beast in the water, too. Were you a fish in your previous life, Aldric? Just wondering."

"I was not. I'm done for the morning drill," Aldric said and then stood. After a quick change into a pair of pants and sweater in the locker room, he left and headed toward the manor building, hungry—both for food and the pleasant sight of his wife.

The moment he stepped into the foyer of the penthouse, he heard his children's voices, loud and cheerful, giggling and talking. He went into the twins' room to see them already showered and old Martha and Jenny coaxing them to get dressed.

"Papa!" Alex shrieked in delight. Wiggling himself away from Jenny, he rushed over to Aldric.

Chuckling, Aldric picked up his son and said, "Good morning, Alex." Then he planted a solid kiss on the boy's cheek.

Alex returned the kiss by planting his lips on Aldric's cheek as well, and when Abi saw, she begged for one, too. It was a few minutes later when the twins finally let him go, thus allowing him to leave and the nursemaids to finished getting them dressed.

In the master bedroom, he headed straight into the bathroom. There, he pulled off his sweater and was about to put it into the laundry basket when he spotted a pile of material hanging over the edge. Instead of dropping it into the basket, he picked it up.

The fabric felt soft and silky against his skin, and he realized it was Quinn's nightgown, the one she had worn last night.

Because the urge was simply too strong, he brought the nightgown up to his nose and he... inhaled the scent, which was beautiful and so very Quinn. As he closed his eyes, he saw her in his mind, smiling at him, teasing him, her slender fingers caressing him as they ran down his naked front which was covered in sweat.

He should really put the nightgown away, but it appeared his body had a mind of its own as he found himself burying his face against the softness of the fabric, his mind wandering off, thinking about his stunning wife, of her slender body and smooth skin. Most of all, he thought about her exquisite face and striking emerald eyes, the color of the rare gem that was so valued in Athol.

"Quinn," he said softly under his breath as he felt himself grow hard, the beast down there rising and begging to be released.

Before he went too far, however, he snapped himself out of it and hastily put the nightgown in the laundry basket. After stripping himself naked and tossing his clothing in there, too, he headed into the shower. As water sprinkled down on him, he raised his face, his eyes closed, his mind, not so surprisingly, was still on Quinn.

What would it be like, he wondered, kissing her, touching her, and caressing her? It'd be... delightful, wonderful, beautiful, he thought. It'd be pleasurable and passionate and...

Fuck!

He wrapped his hand around his engorged cock and started stroking himself, thinking about his wife's beautiful face, sensual lips, and the swell of her soft breasts he had glimpsed last night.

Damnation, but he wanted to touch her there. Ah, but he wanted to kiss her there, too, even stick his tongue out and lick her. Instantly, he wondered if he had gone mad, desiring to do such an immoral thing to Quinn.

Lovemaking, as far as he knew, as far as the men and women of Norsewood knew, was simply a fair bit of kissing and touching, and then the insertion of the man's cock into the woman's place before a few thrusts and then the release. Despite it lasting a mere few minutes, the pleasure was indescribable, and he wanted that, both for himself and Quinn. Yet, he, a mighty man with a notorious title, couldn't even please his late wife when it came to lovemaking.

Aye, he had always felt pleasure when he had done it with Caroline, but Caroline herself had never felt an ounce of such a beautiful sensation. All she had ever felt had been pain, and he feared he'd bring the same to Quinn. So, when the urge and the desire came, which grew more frequent within these last few weeks, he was content to simply masturbate, daydreaming about his wife while rubbing himself until he came.

And he did come a few minutes later. When he was done, that feeling of guilt once again resurfaced. Hell, but he felt like a fiend using his wife's image to masturbate.

Swiftly shutting down the horrid feeling, he finished up with his shower and then got dressed. A few moments later, he headed out of the master suite and went down the stairs, only to encounter Quinn, looking so damn exquisite and alluring. Aldric felt his body tense and his cock started stirring awake, again. He drew in a shuddering breath, knowing that keeping his feelings under control and mind and hands away from Quinn was going to be one hell of a chore. He knew that he was royally screwed.