C H A P T E R - 1

"Amanda!" my mother called me out. I was already getting late like I always did. "Yes mom!" I replied quickly while putting on my sneakers, "I am done!"

Once I was done, I took my bag and dashed downstairs. "Fast dear, you are already late by 15 minutes," my mom said. I quickly grabbed an apple from the fruit basket on the dining table when mom came out of the kitchen drying her hands on her apron with a small frown on her face.

"Why don't you for once wake up early? You are always so late that you don't have time to have breakfast." she told me with her motherly voice.

"Sorry mom! I'll try to. But right now I'm really getting late. I have to go. See you!" I quickly hugged her, kissing her on the cheek and ran out of the house with my truck keys, not waiting for her to reply.

My truck was kind of old and rusty. But I loved it. It has been there with me in all the good and bad times I've faced.

I reached my work place in 15 minutes. I worked at a cafe which paid me decent enough. It was a nice place and peaceful too. I was very excited for today as it was the day when we finally got our pay cheque. My friends who worked along with me, Daisy, Rebecca, Samuel and Owen were really excited and happy.

Just like every time, we decided to go for a night out. And as promised, it was my turn to give the treat. We decided to go to a nice restaurant for a simple dinner.

As soon as I got in, every thing went blank. My hands immediately went to my face. I could feel the smooth cloth of my apron hiding my face. I removed it off, "What the hell was that for?" I asked frowning at Rebecca, who glared at me slightly.

"It was for coming late to the work for fifth time this week!" She yelled playfully at me. I laughed at that. I've been working here for almost two years now to actually feel bad for anything they say to me. I love them and they do too. "I'm sorry," I smiled sheepishly at her which made her sigh.

"It's alright. Now get back to work. Linda might be here any minute," She said and walked away. Linda is the one who owned the cafe. She is in her sixties but a huge sweetheart. I then put my bag away in the back room, put on my apron and got to work.

I looked after a few tables. The crowd was normal, just like it usually was. And soon it was already the time for lunch.

When I made my way to the washroom to wash my hands before I eat, I found Owen and Daisy making out in the washroom. I almost put my hand on my eyes to save my virgin eyes and cleared my throat. They jerked away at the I'm-present-here look I gave them. "I think we have lot more rooms vacant in our cafe. You can head out there. But please leave the washrooms," I said glaring playfully at them.

Daisy just blushed and went away without a word. Owen was rubbing his neck, feeling awkward. I just signaled him to go, with a smile on my face. He smiled back and went away. They had been dating for three months now. They look cute together.

I sighed and washed my hands and went away.

After the whole day of work we got back home to get ready to go and decided to meet near the restaurant by 7:30 pm.

I quickly headed towards the bathroom to take a quick shower and get ready. I wore skinny blue jeans with a nice black shirt. I let my hair down and wore a simple lip gloss on my lips to match my out fit. I also put on a nice bracelet on my wrist. Then I decided to wear flats in black just to match my look.