C H A P T E R - 3

Hi all! Please comment at least so that I understand and over come my mistakes.

Love you <3

**********

It is sunday. We had an off today. I got up early today in the morning, took a bath and had my breakfast. I missed dad badly.

My dad is at my grandma's place. Its been a week since he left. He went to see grandma as she was ill and wanted to see dad. I asked dad to take me with him but he refused to. He asked me to take care of mom and Emily. Emily is my sister.

Flashback:

"I want to come and see grandma along with you dad, I miss her and want to meet her badly."

"No Amanda, you can't come along with me," he replied with a sad and even happy expression.

"But why? I want to-"

Interrupting me, "look dear, you know about every thing. I'm jobless now, we live on your earnings, I just want you to stay back and take care of Jane and Emily."

Seeing his watery eyes I agreed to him. I knew how hard it is for him to even talk about his job to us.

He was once the senior official in the police force. But he had been suspended for a crime he hasn't done. Government declared that he helped in some event back then where he must have been given a bravery award, but instead of that, he got suspended. Humiliated and suspended. He was been blamed for what he had not done.

But I know what is the truth. My father is my hero. I'm proud of my dad. And will always be proud of him.

He is going to return tomorrow. I decided to stay at home to welcome him. But my chain of thoughts were soon broken when some one knocked on the door. I ran quickly towards the door to see who was there.

I was left speechless when I saw the person standing in front of my door. It was Evelyn, Evelyn Jones. My best friend from child hood. She used to stay in NYC, but then her father got transferred to Chicago about six years ago. And I lost her contact because my phone broke and I could never contact her again.

I could not believe my eyes. Soon tears started rolling down my eyes. I hugged her tightly maybe not even letting her breathe.

"Wanna kill me or what," she said with a small smirk on her face.

I pulled away from her and grinned on what she just said. "Eve- You- I.. Don't know what to say- How did you-" I said stammering.

"Don't worry Amy, I'll answer all your questions. But first let me in." She replied.

"Oh sorry, please come in." I replied, blushing like a tomato. I let her sit on the couch in the living room.

"What are you doing here? I'm not complaining though. Did you come here to meet me? If yes, I'm flattered if no then I'll kill you. And are going to go back soon? because I'm not letting you go anytime soon," I said in one breath. Eve laughed at that.

"Wait I'll answer all of them, for your first question, yes I have come here all the way to New york city to meet you. No, I'm not going to return ever now. Because," she said and paused, she had a playful smile on her face.

"Tell me already!" I deadpanned. She laughed at that.

"Because my father got transferred again. You are the first person I'm telling this among my friends."

I could not resist the happiness I was feeling. My best friend who had to leave the city due to her father's transfer to Chicago is back after six years and is never going to leave again. I was so happy that I hugged her tight once more.

"Really?" I asked her still suspecting her to lie. But I was not able to believe my eyes and ears when she said that it was not a lie.

We spoke for a bit when her phone started beeping. Caller ID was "My man". I was a bit astonished when I read the caller ID. I looked at her with excitement to know who he was. She then hung up the phone and looked at me with a tomato like face. She was blushing. I immediately asked her about the person.

"Who is that 'My man'?"

"He is Jack. My boy friend."

"Oh my god! when and where did you meet? Tell me everything!" I exclaimed.

"We met first in a theatre after a film. I dashed into him while searching for my car."

"Then?"

"Then we met again near a florist, there we exchanged our numbers and things happened and we ended up dating."

"I'm so happy for you, but.."

"But what?"

"Now, how are you going to meet him again because he is in Chicago, and you will be here from now."

"That is what the best part is. He is also going to come here within 3 days. He has got some a project from his company and has to move here for a few years. So its lucky me."

"Oh, you are so lucky! where is he going to stay? And where are you going to stay?"

"For may be a month he will stay at his friend's place and then he'll move into his own house which his parents bought for him. He wanted to have his own house in this city and they were more than willing to help. He saved a little money on his own and the remaining amount was paid by his parents."

"Great, then every thing is planned, now no worries."

We had a small chat about her boyfriend when Evelyn suddenly let out an exhausted yawn. She was still very bad at hiding her expressions. I insisted her to take rest.

I didn't want my best friend to fall ill because of less sleep.

She always fell ill when ever she didn't have enough sleep. I then took a glance at the watch I always wore on my wrist. It was 9:00 pm already. I didn't realise that we were talking for so long. I felt a bit exhausted too after all the talking we did.

I decided to sleep now. I was hungry but didn't want to eat any thing. I just jumped on my bed and fell asleep soon after that.

********

Hi guys, how was the chapter?

Did you all like it? If yes please do vote and comment.

Criticism is happily accepted.