Chapter: 23

Hi guys!! How are you all doing?!

As I said the book is kind of coming to an end. Not more chapters may be...

Any ways, so this is another update... I hope you like it...

*******

The past few day were like hell to me. I didn't know that I would fall into so much of mess. There I was a silent girl working in a cafe which paid me off well. And now, I was almost the talk of the town.

This all happened when Jacob got arrested. I was in the news because of Mike's connections. As you see I was in the party when I got kidnapped. Then it happened that my dad came out clean. He had no fault in what happened.

The army contacted dad soon after they got to know about this. The general who fired dad apologised to him for doing so. The even offered to take him back to the army. And the job being my dad's love since forever, he gladly accepted the offer. He is going to the camp this sunday. And it was a friday today, so we had two days more to spend with him.

It is definately difficult to work in army. One should have to stay away from the family and home for a long time. It's not like he will not be allowed to visit us, but it won't be so often. I will miss him.

More over, I happy that everything has come back to normal. Except for my best friend. Eve and Jack were under medical observation. Jack had a broken rib and few more bruises and Eve had many cuts and bruises on her body.

I feel really terrible right now. My best friend had to suffer all this only because of me. And here I was busy in my own world fantasising Mike as my prince charming.

Okay, I confess, I have feelings for Mike. I realised that when we were in the interrogation watching Jacob. After all he did for me and my family, I couldn't thank him more.

But I'm afraid that Mike don't feel the way I do for him. What if I went to him and bent down on my knees and then tell him that 'Mike, I like you. I don't know how and when it happened but it just happened. Do you like me too?' Then instead of saying a yes, if he said a no, I would embarrass myself and feel heart broken

I never felt like this before. I think this is what love is. You fall for the person but you are afraid that you would loose them. There is both hope and fear in love. At least this is what people say.

Today, I could meet Eve. The hospital did not allow any one to see them as we would infect them. So today, finally we could see Eve and Jack. By we, I meant Mike and me. Yeah, we were going together to meet them.

Mike said he would take me some where after we meet both of our friends. I don't know where. He refuses to tell me. Knowing Mike, the place would be something exotic or it would be as spooky as hell. He is unpredictable, at least to me.

I was waiting for Mike to come and pick me up so we could go and meet our friends.

I was ready before time. He said that he would pick me up by 12:30 as he had some other stuff to clear out. I was so eager to go that I got dressed up by 11:30. And now it is exactly noon. I will have to wait for another half an hour for Mike to come. Mom and dad are out for some grocery shopping would directly meet us at the hospital. So I was here alone at my house.

Speaking about alone, my sister Emily is coming to visit us soon. She was so furious when she got to know about the kidnap and stuff.

She get angry easily. She was the bold one among the two of us. She was furious that we didn't tell her this before. I think I will have to be prepaired for her wrath.

Well, don't think she is evil. She is the best sister one could get or expect. I love her a lot and she loves me too.

Feeling bored, I took out the phone from my pocket started to scroll down my facebook page. It has been ages since I last opened my account. There were about 10 messages, 18 notifications and 5 friend requests. All this only because I didn't open my Facebook for about two weeks I think.

I saw the notifications first. They were so birthdays, some likes and comments on my pictures and all the random stuff. Then I opened the request section. They were all random people. So I just ignored them any way. Then the message section. Few hi's from random people. Then a few 'are you okay? I got to know about the kidnap' wait, like how did they know??

You  were on the news for a few days!!

Hm... that makes sense. The one text that cought my eye was from that PrinceT guy.

It said,

I'm glad you are okay. I said you to stay away from that prick. But you didn't listen.

I don't know what is the problem with the people. I hate it the most when the people come up with 'I told you so..' like can't they just shut up!

I replied,

It's none of your business. Stop stalking me and get a life!

I was about to put my phone when I saw that the guy replied. I sighed and saw it any way.

He replied,

I know. Sorry to be nosy. But I was worried.

I felt kind of guilty for snapping at him.

I texted,

It's okay, I was kind of off mood.

He replied,

No worries!  :)

That emoji kind of brought a smile on my face. This guys is not that bad. I think I just fail to judge a person.

I then heard a honk from my drive way. I quickly replied him,

Hey! Gotta go. Will talk to you later. Bye! :)

With that I logged off without even waiting for his reply and rushed out to the main door.

Mike was in his Mercedes waiting for me. He waved a hi when he saw me coming. I waved him nack with a smile and got inside the car.

The smell inside was welcoming. I smiled at him and put on my seat belt. I found him staring at me. I suddenly got self consious. Instead of asking what is it, I snapped my fingers in front of his face and smiled at him in amusement.

He just shook his head and looked back front. "Lets go."  I cought a small hint of red on his cheeks. "Are you blushing?" I asked him playfully.

"Shut up!" He said. This earned a laugh from me. He then rolled his eyes and pulled off of my drive way. We were fell into silence.

"So," he said, trying to fill the silence in the car.

"So?" I repeated and shrugged off my shoulder.

"Are you ready to meet them?" Mike asked me. I sighed but nodded. I'm ready. But don't know if I want to see their condition.

He held my hand and squeezed it softly in assurance, as if he knew what was on my mind.

I smiled at him. He didn't leave my hand, instead, he kept it on his lap. He didn't seem like he would let it go.

I wish this was real. I mean, it is. But I wish he would like me back too....

********

So guys! No cliffhanger here too. I hope you like it.

Keep voting and reading...

And also a big thanks to all the people who read my book. It might be that all of them didn't  read it till here but still I'm really grateful.

Love you guys! See you soon...

Khushi Jain...